||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (November 2013)|
|Mariana (Lali) Espósito|
|Birth name||Mariana Espósito|
October 10, 1991 |
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Occupations||Actress, singer, model, dancer, businesswoman|
|Labels||Sony Music (2003-2012)
Mariana "Lali" Espósito (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈlali esˈposito], born October 10, 1991), known simply as Lali as a music artist, is an Argentine actress, singer, model and businesswoman. Espósito began her career as a child actress in 2003 when she joined the cast of the children's telenovela Rincón de Luz, created by producer Cris Morena. She had other subsequent supporting roles in telenovelas Chiquititas and Floricienta and a main role in Casi Ángeles, all of them created by Morena; the latter rocketed her fame in Latin America, Europe and Israel.
From 2007 to 2012, Espósito was part of the teen pop band TeenAngels, which originated from Casi Ángeles, along with four other cast members. The group was commercially successful internationally, and toured throughout Argentina and countries like Israel, Spain, Chile and Uruguay. Espósito also lent her vocals in the soundtracks of Rincón de Luz, Floricienta and Chiquititas. In 2013, she announced the release of Lali, her debut solo album, with an EDM sound. "A bailar" was released as the album's lead single; it went on to chart within the top 20 on iTunes charts in Argentina and Israel, while its music video has broken record views on YouTube.
Following her role in the unsuccessful 2011 telenovela Cuando me sonreís and her portrayal of Abigail Williams in the Buenos Aires production of The Crucible, Espósito made her film debut in La pelea de mi vida in 2012, starring alongside Mariano Martínez and Federico Amador. Since January 2013, she stars in the television comedy Solamente Vos as the daughter of Adrián Suar.
- 1 Personal life
- 2 Artistic career
- 3 Other work
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Discography
- 6 Tours
- 7 Model
- 8 Awards and nominations
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Espósito was born Mariana Espósito on 10 October 1991 to Carlos Espósito, a football coach, and María José Herrera. She has two siblings, Ana Laura and Patricio. She currently resides in Palermo, Buenos Aires.
1998–2006: Early work
Espósito made her television debut on a children's program called Caramelito y vos (English: Caramelito And You) in 1998, when she was only six years old. She made her acting debut in Rincón de luz (Corner of Light), a successful children's television series created by Cris Morena, in which she played one of the main supporting characters Malena "Coco" Cabrera. A year later, Espósito appeared as Roberta in Floricienta, another successful series by Cris Morena. In 2006, she portrayed Agustina Ross in a new rendition of Cris Morena's highly successful children's series Chiquititas (Tiny Angels). Espósito also participated in stage adaptations of these three series.
Espósito debuted as a singer on soundtrack albums for Rincón de luz, Floricienta and Chiquititas. All these albums enjoyed commercial success in Argentina and numerous other countries, most notably Israel.
2007–2012: Success with Casi Ángeles and Teen Angels
In 2007, Espósito landed her first leading role on television, Marianella "Mar" Rinaldi in series Casi ángeles (Almost Angels), also created by Morena and produced by Cris Morena Group. It soon became one of the most popular adolescent television programs in Argentina, Latin America and Israel. The series lasted from 2007 to 2010, enjoying high ratings and earning four Martín Fierro Awards for Best Juvenile Program. Espósito also became a member of the Casi ángeles music group Teen Angels, which performed from 2007 to 2012.
While starring the Cris Morena Group series Casi ángeles, Espósito became one of five members of successful pop band Teen Angels, signed to Sony BMG, along with Gastón Dalmau, Juan Pedro Lanzani, Nicolás Riera and María Eugenia Suárez. Teen Angeles reached success in countries such as Argentina, Israel, Chile, Peru, Spain and Uruguay. Although Casi ángeles ended in 2010, the band announced they would continue working together, with Rochi Igarzábal replacing María Eugenia Suárez. However, Teen Angels disbanded in 2012, and held their last concert on 11 October 2012 in Córdoba. Teen Angels, el adiós, a 3D concert film about Teen Angels, was released in 2013 and marked the definitive end of the group.
From 2007 to 2012, Teen Angels released six studio albums, five of which were certified platinum, and one of which was certified gold by the Argentine Chamber of Phonograms and Videograms Producers. They were also spokespersons for numerous brands, such as Coca-Cola. The band won a Clarín Award, a Kids' Choice Award Argentina, two Los 40 Principales Awards, and a Quiero Award, and three nominations for Carlos Gardel Awards.
After the end of Casi Angeles, Espósito adopted her nickname Lali, by which she had been known to her friends, family and fliends, as her stage name.
In 2011, Espósito starred Cuando me sonreís, a new television series by Tomás Yankelevich, opposite Facundo Arana, Julieta Díaz and Benjamín Rojas. The following year, Espósito portrayed Abigail Williams in the Buenos Aires production of The Crucible by Arthur Miller, and made her film debut with La pelea de mi vida (The Fight of My Life), which also starred Mariano Martínez and Federico Amador.
2013–present: Further acting career and A bailar
In 2013, Espósito announced she would release her first album as a solo artist, entitled A bailar. When asked about the album's genre, she described it as mainly dance with hip hop influences. The album's lead single "A bailar", was released for digital download in her website on August 5, causing it to collapse. On September 2, Espósito presented the music video for "A bailar" in the prominent La Trastienda Club. "A bailar" gets the same day of its release 100,000 views on YouTube and the single entered the top 20 on iTunes Latin and iTunes Israel. well positioned in the top of the music charts and radio channels in Latin America, Italy and Israel.
The March 21, 2014 goes on sale the debut album, A bailar, which includes the hit musical that names the album, along with nine other songs more.
On March 15, six days before the album's release, he made his first international musical show in caccerta Italy, compared to over 6000 people. April 19 is presented in the Opera Theatre of Buenos Aires Argentina, with more than 3000 people. Continues its national tour on May 31 at the stadium Quality of Córdoba.
Espósito has been spokesperson for numerous brands, either independently or with her Teen Angels fellows. Her first commercial was for the children's fashion label MCbody Jeans. In 2007, she signed an exclusive contract with Promesse, a well-known Argentine lingerie brand, and has done most of her photo sessions with Luisana Lopilato. In 2009, Espósito and Juan Pedro Lanzani did a special promotion for KEFF body spray for Israeli market. Since 2011, she has been the spokesperson for the lingerie brand Lara Teens.
In May 2010, Espósito and her Teen Angels fellows participated in an action organized by the Biodiversity Foundation on the occasion of the World Biodiversity Day and raised the awareness of the importance of preserving biodiversity.
|2012||La pelea de mi vida||Belén||3D||Jorge Nisco||Argentina|
|2013||Teen Angels, el adiós en 3D||Herself||3D concert film||Juan Manuel Jiménez||Argentina|
|2014||A los 40||Melissa||Bruno Ascenzo||Peru|
|2003||Rincón de luz||Malena "Coco" Cabrera|
|2007-2010||Casi ángeles||Marianella "Mar" Tallarico Rinaldi||Awarded— Ciudad Awards for favorite actress
Nominated— Kids Choice Awards for favorite actress
|2011||Cuando me sonreís||Milagros "Mili" Rivas||Awarded— Ciudad Awards for favorite actress|
|2013||Solamente Vos||Daniela Cousteau||Awarded— Kids Choice Awards for favorite actress
Nominated— Premios Tato for best actress
|2003||Rincón de luz||Malena "Coco" Cabrera||Gran Rex|
|2004-2005||Floricienta||Roberta Espinosa||Gran Rex|
|2006||Chiquititas||Augustina Ross||Gran Rex|
|2007-2010||Casi ángeles||Marianella "Mar" Tallarico Rinaldi||Gran Rex|
|2011-2012||Teen Angels||Gran Rex|
|2012||Las Brujas de Salem||Abigail Williams||Broadway|
|2014||Casi Normales||-||(1 función)|
|Year||Title||Album details||Peak positions|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|US||Itunes Argentina||Itunes Perú|
|2013||A bailar||—||23||69||A bailar|
|2014||Asesina (TBA)||—||-||-||A bailar|
|April 19, 2014||Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires||Teatro Opera||+3,000|
|May 31, 2014||Córdoba||Teatro Quality||+2,000|
Tour A Bailar International
|March 15, 2014||Roma, Italia||PalaMaggiò||+6,000|
- Mcbody Jeans (2004-2005)
- Promesse (2007-2009)
- Keeff (2009) (Israel)
- Lara By Sigry (2011-2013)
- Bio Kur (2014)
Awards and nominations
|2013||Best Supporting Actress||Solamente vos||Nominated|
Kids Choice Awards Argentina
|2013||Favorite Actress||Solamente vos||Won|
|2013||TwittStar of the Year||Won|
Kids Choice Awards USA
|2014||Favorite Singer Latina||A bailar||Pending|
|2013||Best dressed television actress||Solamente vos||Nominated|
|2011||Most searched celebrity on the internet||Won|
|2012||Most searched celebrity on the internet||Won|
|2013||Most searched celebrity on the internet||Won|
|2013||Singer of the year||Nominated|
|2013||Song of the Year||A Bailar||Won|
|2013||Actress of the Year||Solamente vos||Won|
- Sánchez Mariño, Juan Cruz (6 August 2013). "Hoy me siento más adulta y mandada". Gente Magazine (Atlántida) (2507): 93–98. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "La nueva princesita del dance". Clarín (in Spanish). July 6, 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Costelo, Soledad (26 July 2013). "'Ya en TeenAngels me decian que tenia que hacer mi música'". Paparazzi Magazine (Atlántida) (611). Retrieved 30 July 2013. "Tiene base de dance, de hip hop y mucho sonidito de dubstep"
- "Lali Espósito lanza un proyecto musical como solista: "Va a ser una locura"". Diario El Sol (in Spanish). July 7, 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Lali Espósito. Presentó "Lali", su primer disco solista.". Clarín (in Spanish). September 4, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "¡El récord de Lali Espósito en menos de dos días!". Pronto (in Spanish). September 18, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Mariana Espósito – La página". www.marianae.com.ar (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Biografía y entrevista a Mariana Espósito". Solo Cris TV (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Mariana Espósito y Peter Lanzani ya no ocultan su amor". Solo Cris TV (in Spanish). 20 November 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Lali y Benjamín en revistas Pronto y Paparazzi". Todo de Cris (in Spanish). 12 March 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Vásquez, Sonia (20 September 2010). "Mariana Espósito ya no está "chiquitita"". El Mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Chiquititas". Cris Morena Group. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Music Publishing". Cris Morena Group. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Sánchez Mariño, Juan Cruz (13 October 2009). "Queremos ser felices, enamorarnos y cambiar el mundo". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Todos los nominados al Martín Fierro". Clarín (in Spanish). 9 April 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "El último show de TeenAngels en fotos". www.sonicomusica.com (in Spanish). 11 October 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Ancillary Business – Record Albums". Cris Morena Group. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teenangels visita España y edita nuevo disco". Los 40 Principales (in Spanish). 9 March 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Los Teen Angels conquistaron a los jóvenes limeños". El Comercio (in Spanish). 2 May 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "TeenAngels llega a Chile". La Tercera (in Spanish). 5 August 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Sánchez Mariño, Juan Cruz (27 January 2011). "Nos queremos mucho como para separarnos". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Sánchez Mariño, Joaquín (1 March 2011). "Los cambios siempre te hacen madurar". Gente (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "¿Se separan los Teen Angels?". www.sonicomusica.com (in Spanish). 20 January 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Se confirmó el esperado regreso de Casi Ángeles". YUPS (in Spanish). 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Los Teen Angels hablaron de su película". Infobae (in Spanish). March 13, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "El segundo CD de ‘Casi Angeles‘ alcanzó el platino". Nuevo diario web (in Spanish). 4 May 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels logra un Disco de Platino con su última placa". www.terra.com.ar (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels recibió el Disco de Oro". Teen Angels (in Spanish). 25 August 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Coca Cola pisa fuerte con "Hoy quiero" en la costa". infokioscos.com.ar (in Spanish). 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels y Sueña Conmigo, los más nominados a los Kids' Choice Awards Argentina". www.26noticias.com.ar. 2011.
- "Teen Angels ganadores de los Premios 40 Principales a la mejor artista nacional de Argentina". Casi ángeles (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "TeenAngels: Ganadores de Los Premios 40 Principales por segundo año consecutivo". Primicias Ya (in Spanish). 10 December 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Todos los nominados a los Premios Gardel 2009". Pronto (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels nominados a los premios Gardel". Todo de Cris (in Spanish). 21 September 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Teen Angels nominado a los Premios Gardel 2011". Teen Angels (in Spanish). 26 October 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Arrancan las grabaciones de Solamente vos". television.com.ar (in Spanish). 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "La chica del videoclip". Clarín (in Spanish). July 29, 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Lali Espósito grabó su primer videoclip, 'A Bailar': 'Estoy con todas las pilas puestas'". Pronto.com.ar (in Spanish). July 29, 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Lali Espósito colapsó la web: se lanzó como solista". Diario Popular (in Spanish). 7 August 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "A bailar con Lali y ONMAG". OMAG. 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Lali Espósito presenta el video clip de "A bailar" y te invita a que la acompañes". Pronto (in Spanish). 27 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "Lali Espósito rompe récord!". Mundo TKM (in Spanish). September 12, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Mariana Esposito tambien cara de Promesse". foro.univision.com (in Spanish). 23 March 2007. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Fotos de Mariana Espósito en Promesse Primavera/Verrano 2009". Solo Cris TV (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Fotos de Mariana Espósito en Promesse Otoño/Invierno 2009". Solo Cris TV (in Spanish). 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "También me podés oler". Clarín (in Spanish). August 6, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Lali Espósito lanzará su perfume". Pronto (in Spanish). September 18, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Concierto "Bravo por la Tierra"" (in Spanish). May 19, 2010. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Piñeiro Prod y Lali Espósito juntos acompañando a Best Buddies". infolaliesposito.blogspot.com.ar (in Spanish). August 16, 2013. Retrieved September 19, 2013.