Mariana de la Noche
|Mariana de la Noche
Nadie puede saber la verdad
|Created by||Delia Fiallo|
|Written by||Liliana Abud|
|Directed by||Edgar Ramírez
|Theme music composer||Juan Gabriel|
|Opening theme||Yo Te Recuerdo by Juan Gabriel|
|Ending theme||Yo Te Recuerdo by Juan Gabriel|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||135|
|Executive producer(s)||Salvador Mejía|
|Editor(s)||Marco Antonio Rocha
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original run||October 20, 2003 – April 23, 2004|
|Preceded by||Amor real|
|Followed by||Mujer de Madera|
|Related shows||Mariana de la Noche (1976 telenovela)|
Mariana de la Noche (Dark Fate) is a Mexican telenovela from 2003. Written by Delia Fiallo and produced by Salvador Mejia. It starred Jorge Salinas and Alejandra Barros in the protagonist roles and Angélica Rivera and César Évora as the antagonists.
In a mining village, it is rumored that Mariana Montenegro has a curse, since all the men that fall in love with her suffer a fatal accident sooner or later. Mariana is a romantic young woman who lives with her father, Attilio. Attilio is the mine owner, a powerful man capable of cruelty when crossed. He hides a dark secret: Mariana is not his daughter and what he feels for her is far from paternal love.
Attilio has two sisters: Isabel and Marcia. Isabel, the elder, is kind-hearted, she loves Mariana and has raised her as if she were her own daughter. Marcia on the other hand is arrogant and vain, dresses in a masculine way and is hard on the miners. She is in reality a step-sister of Isabel. Cold-hearted she has never known what love is until Ignacio Lugo Navaro comes to town: a journalist who has come under a false name to search for his roots.
Once he gets to know Mariana, Ignacio knows that he will never be able to love another woman and his feelings are reciprocated. However, Marcia is passionately in love with Ignacio, and is full of jealousy when she discovers that Ignacio and Mariana have married in secret. Full of fury, she reveals the marriage to her brother, and Attilio is determined to kill Ignacio without knowing that he is sentencing to death his own son, the product of the love he had with Lucrecia, the owner of the village restaurant.
Destiny saves Ignacio's life when Attilio is hurt in an accident at the mine. Mariana discovers that Attilio is not her father and she is more horrified to know that Attilio is in love with her. Desperate and thinking she is really cursed, Mariana flees from the village, pregnant with Ignacio's son. Marcia takes advantage of the situation to marry a man she does not love. She becomes pregnant but after an accidental miscarriage she seduces Ignacio and steals Mariana's son, whom she passes as her own to make Ignacio marry her.
When Mariana fled the village, she had an accident that caused her to have amnesia. Not knowing who she was, Mariana became lost in the wilderness and Maria Lola finds her. Maria Lola feeds her and protects her. She tried a few times to tell Ignacio but he didn't believe her. That is until Attilio's right hand man, Cumache, found her. Both Attilio and his aid took Mariana and fled to a nearby island. Attilio tried to convince Mariana that she is his wife and the child is his. Although she did not believe this, Mariana carried out her term and gave birth to her son. Attilio immediately took advantage of her weak state and had his malicious helper Cumache get rid of the newborn. Cumache, however not being able to kill the child, decided to give him to Marcia.
Mariana is discovered by her doctor friend, Camilo, and is taken away from Attilio. Hiding in the casino, Mariana remembers who she is but believes that she lost Ignacio's child. She becomes a worker to Ivan Lugo Navaro, Ignacio's uncle, in the casino as a hostess. Here Ignacio and Marcia discover that she is alive. Wanting to be with Mariana, Ignacio begins to search her out and fight for her love. Seeing this and the other hostess, Carol, fight for his attention, Marcia loses it and demands Mariana to stay away, using Ignacio's child as a weapon against her. Marcia even convinces Lucrecia to help her separate Mariana from Ignacio. Mariana backs away, although deeply in love with Ignacio, and tries to make a life for herself. She convinces Ignacio that she was only using him as a toy to get back at Marica; since she accomplished it, he was longer appealing to her.
Marcia in the end loses the love battle between Ignacio and Mariana. She seeks out Attilio's help, knowing that he is alive and safe. Attilio, now the owner of the casino, watches over Mariana. He even comes forward and tells her that he is alive. That he wants her as his companion and to help him get back all that was his, the mine and the mansion. Believing what she thinks is a paternal plea, Mariana agrees to his request. She begins to accompany him and help him take it all back. Marcia becoming more and more furious against Attilio and Mariana, uses the baby against Mariana to torment her of not having her child from Ignacio.
Marcia's plot however come to an end. The baby is discovered to be Mariana's. Attilio also loses out to his obsessive passion for Mariana. Once more, Ignacio and Mariana are reunited and with their son.
- Alejandra Barros as Mariana Montenegro Madrigal - main heroine, in love with Ignacio
- Angélica Rivera as Marcia Montenegro - main female villain, stepsister of Atilio and Isabel, in love with Ignacio, lover of Gerardo (accidentally killed by Atilio)
- Jorge Salinas as Ignacio Lugo-Navarro Vargas - main hero, in love with Mariana, son of Atilio and Lucrecia.
- César Évora as Attilio Montenegro - main male villain, stepfather of Mariana, brother of Isabel, step-brother of Marcia, father of Ignacio and Caridad, lover of Marcia and Carol (falls in a chasm)
- Alma Muriel as Isabel Montenegro - aunt of Mariana, sister of Atilio, stepsister of Marcia.
- René Strickler as Dr. Camilo Guerrero - in love with Mariana, then with Yadira.
- Patricia Navidad as Yadira - Friend of Mariana and Lucrecia, in love with Juan Pablo, then with Camilo
- Adriana Fonseca as Caridad "Chachi" Montenegro - Step-sister of Mariana and in the beginning jealous of her, half sister of Ignacio, daughter of Atillio and María Lola, in love with Camilo.
- María Rojo as Lucrecia Vargas - Mother of Ignacio
- José Carlos Ruiz as Isidro Valtierra - Protector of Ignacio
- Patricia Reyes Spíndola as María Dolores "María Lola" - Real mother of Chachi, mentally ill
- Raúl Ramírez as Padre Pedro - Priest, killed by Marcia
- Aurora Clavel as Mama Lupe - Maid at montenegro's house
- Rafael Rojas as Gerardo Montiel - Engineer, in love with Marcia
- Sergio Acosta as El Cumache - Foreman of Atilio, villain (commits suicide)
- Ignacio Guadalupe as Mediomundo Páramo - Friend of Ignacio, husband of Miguelina
- Aleida Núñez as Miguelina de Páramo - Maid at Montenegros's house, wife of Mediomundo, in love with Ramon
- Daniel Continente as Juan Pablo Guerrero - Brother of Camilo, priest
- Arturo Muñoz as Máximo 'Max' Moraje Owner of a mini market in the village
- Esperanza Rendón as Vilma Olivera - Friend of Lucrecia (killed by Liborio)
- Valentino Lanús as Javier Mendieta - In love with Mariana (killed by Atillio in the first episode)
- Jaime Lozano as Eladio González - Worker at the Montenegro's mine (dies from an accident)
- Benjamín Islas as Liborio Hernández - Accomplice of Atilio and Iván, villain (goes to jail)
- Roberto Blandon as Iván Lugo-Navaro - Uncle of Ignacio, hates Atilio and Ignacio, villain (killed by Atilio's protected safe)
- Marjorie de Sousa as Carol- Lover of Ivan and Atilio, villain (goes to jail)
- Miguel de León/Marcelo Buquet as José Ramón Martínez - Engineer, in love with Chachi
- Roberto Vander as Ángel Villaverde - Engineer, in love with Isabel
- Enrique Rojo
|2001||TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela||Mariana de la Noche||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actor||Jorge Salinas||Nominated|
|Best Female Villain||Angélica Rivera||Won|
|Best Male Villain||César Évora||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Adriana Fonseca||Nominated|
|Best First Actress||Patricia Reyes Spíndola||Nominated|
|Argentina||Mariana de la noche||América TV||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Bosnia||Marijana||Pink BH||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Brazil||Mariana da Noite||SBT||January 16||Juny 2, 2006||Monday to Friday|
|Bulgaria||Dark Fate||BTV||2004||2004||Monday to Friday|
|Chile||Mariana de la noche||Mega||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Colombia||Mariana de la noche||RCN||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Croatia||Ukleta Mariana||Nova TV||2003||2004||Monday to Friday|
|Croatia||Ukleta Mariana||Doma TV||February 28, 2011||July 18, 2011||Monday to Friday|
|Dominican Republic||?||Canal 5||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Cyprus||Μαριάννα της Νύχτας||Ant1 TV Cyprus||2005||2006||Monday to Friday|
|El Salvador||?||TCS||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Greece||Μαριάννα της Νύχτας||Star Channel||2004||2005||Monday to Friday|
|Macedonia||Marijana||MRT||2003||2004||Monday to Friday|
|Mexico||Mariana de la Noche||El Canal de las Estrellas||October 20, 2003||April 23, 2004||Monday to Friday|
|Montenegro||Marijana||Pink M||2004||2004||Monday to Friday|
|Nicaragua||Mariana de la noche||Televicentro de Nicaragua||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Marijana||Pink BH||2004||2004||Monday to Friday|
|Panama||?||Telemetro Panamá||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Paraguay||Mariana de la noche||Telefuturo||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Peru||Mariana de la noche||América Televisión||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Poland||Zaklęte serce||TVN||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Serbia||Marijana||RTV Pink||February 23, 2004||September 2, 2004||Monday to Friday|
|Slovakia||Mariana, dcéra noci||TV Markíza||June 29, 2004||September 30, 2004||Monday to Friday|
|Spain||?||LaSexta2||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|USA||Mariana de la noche||Univision||March 8, 2004||September 17, 2004||Monday to Friday|
|Venezuela||Mariana de la noche||Venevisión||?||?||Monday to Friday|
|Romania||Ingerul noptii||Acasa TV||2005|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Ukleta Marijana||Televizija OBN||22.03.2013||Present||Monday to Friday|