Hill in Black Zoo.
February 9, 1941 |
Santa Barbara, California, U.S.
Marianna Hill (born February 9, 1941), sometimes credited as Mariana Hill, is an American actress that has predominantly worked in American television and is known for her starring role in the feature western film High Plains Drifter and her numerous roles on television series in the 1960s and 70s.
A life member of The Actors Studio, Hill has appeared in more than 70 films and television episodes. She played Gabrielle in the Howard Hawks film, Red Line 7000 (1965) and co-starred in the Elvis Presley film Paradise, Hawaiian Style in 1966 as Lani Kaimana; the Clint Eastwood film High Plains Drifter as Callie Travers in 1973; and in The Godfather II in 1974 as Deanna Dunn-Corleone.
One of Hill's many TV appearances was as Dr. Helen Noel in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode, "Dagger of the Mind". She also appeared on Perry Mason in the title role as Theba in the 1963 episode, "The Case of the Greek Goddess."
She also guest-starred in the following drama series: Death Valley Days, Bonanza, The High Chaparral, Gunsmoke, The Wild Wild West, The F.B.I., Mission: Impossible, Quincy, M.E., S.W.A.T., Kung Fu, The Outer Limits, and Harry O.
- 1963: Perry Mason episode "The Case of the Greek Goddess"
- 1965: Red Line 7000
- 1966: Paradise, Hawaiian Style
- 1969: Medium Cool
- 1970: El Condor
- 1970: The Traveling Executioner
- 1972: Thumb Tripping
- 1972: The Baby
- 1972: Messiah of Evil
- 1973: High Plains Drifter
- 1974: The Godfather: Part II
- 1974: The Last Porno Flick
- 1980: Schizoid
- 1981: Blood Beach
- "Mrianna Hill". TV.com.
- Variety Staff (December 31, 1969). "Review: ‘The Traveling Executioner’". Variety.
- Garfield, David (1980). "Appendix: Life Members of The Actors Studio as of January 1980". A Player's Place: The Story of The Actors Studio. New York: MacMillan Publishing Co., Inc. p. 278. ISBN 0-02-542650-8.
- "Marianna Hill". The New York Times.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marianna Hill.|