||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (August 2010)|
August 19, 1931 |
|Spouse(s)||Dr. Gerhard Freund (1953–1973) (divorced) 2 children|
Marianne Koch (born August 19, 1931) is a retired German actress of the 1950s and 1960s, best known for her appearances in spaghetti westerns and adventure films of the 1960s. She later worked as a television host and as a physician.
Between 1950 and 1971, Koch appeared in more than 65 films. In the haunting 1954 espionage thriller Night People she starred alongside Gregory Peck. Sergio Leone's 1964 production A Fistful of Dollars showcased her alongside Clint Eastwood as a civilian tormented by ruthless local gangsters, torn between her husband and child and the villains. In Germany she was probably best-loved for her many years of participation in the highly popular TV game show Was bin ich? which ran from the 1950s until 1988 and achieved ratings of up to 75% at its peak.
In 1971, she resumed the medical studies she had broken off in the early 1950s to become an actress. She got her MD in 1974 and practiced medicine until 1997 as a specialist in Munich. In 1976, she was one of the initial hosts of Germany's pioneering talk show 3 nach 9 (Three After Nine), for which she was awarded one of the most prestigious awards of the German television industry, the Grimme Preis. She also hosted other television shows and, as of 2014, still has a medical advice program on radio.
Marianne Koch has been in a relationship with the publicist Peter Hamm since the mid-1980s.
- Night People (1954)
- Des Teufels General (1955)
- Der Stern von Afrika (1957)
- Die Landärztin (de) (1958)
- Napoléon II l'Aiglon (1961)
- Heißer Hafen Hongkong (de) (1962)
- Der schwarze Panther von Ratana (de) (1963)
- Death Drums Along the River (1963)
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
- Coast of Skeletons (1964)
- Clint the Stranger (1967)
- Marianne Koch at the Internet Movie Database
- Marianne Koch in the German National Library catalogue
- Photos of the shooting of the film "Solange du lebst"