Marie, Princess of Liechtenstein
|Princess consort of Liechtenstein|
|Tenure||13 November 1989 – present|
|Spouse||Hans-Adam II, Prince of Liechtenstein|
|Issue||Alois, Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein
|Marie Aglaë Bonaventura Theresia|
|Father||Count Ferdinand Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau|
|Mother||Countess Henriette of Ledebur-Wicheln|
14 April 1940 |
Prague, Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia
Marie Aglaë, Princess of Liechtenstein (born a Countess Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau, Czech: hraběnka Kinská z Vchynic a Tetova, German: Gräfin Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau) is the wife and cousin of Prince Hans Adam II of Liechtenstein. Princess Marie was born on 14 April 1940 in Prague as the daughter of Count Ferdinand Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau (1907–1969) and his wife Countess Henriette Caroline of Ledebur-Wicheln (1910–2002) in Nazi-run Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia (now the Czech Republic).
Her family escaped the Protectorate in 1945 and settled in Germany where she was educated by the Lioba Sisters in the Wald Cloister in Baden-Württemberg. In 1957, Countess Marie went to England where she perfected her knowledge of the English language. She also spent time in Paris perfecting her knowledge of the French language. Until her engagement in 1965, she worked as a commercial artist for a printer in Dachau, West Germany. Prince Hans-Adam II and Princess Marie married at St. Florin's in Vaduz on 30 July 1967 and have four children.
Their children are:
- Hereditary Prince Alois (b. Zürich, 11 June 1968) He married Duchess Sophie in Bavaria on 3 July 1993, 4 children:
- Prince Joseph Wenzel Maximilian Maria of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg (born 24 May 1995 in London)
- Princess Marie-Caroline Elisabeth Immaculata of Liechtenstein, Countess of Rietberg (born 17 October 1996 in Grabs, Canton of St. Gallen)
- Prince Georg Antonius Constantin Maria of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg (born 20 April 1999 in Grabs, Canton of St. Gallen)
- Prince Nikolaus Sebastian Alexander Maria of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg (born 6 December 2000, in Grabs, Canton of St. Gallen)
- Prince Maximilian Nikolaus Maria (b. St Gallen, 16 May 1969) He married Angela Gisela Brown civilly in Vaduz on 21 January 2000 and religiously in New York City, New York, in the Church of St. Vincent Ferrer (Manhattan, New York), on 29 January 2000, 1 child:
- Prince Alfons Constantin Maria (b. London, 18 May 2001)
- Prince Constantin Ferdinand Maria (b. St Gallen, 15 March 1972), married civilly in Vaduz on 14 May 1999 and religiously in Číčov, Slovakia, on 18 July 1999 Countess Marie Gabriele Franziska Kálnoky de Kőröspatak (b. Graz, 16 July 1975), 3 children:
- Princess Tatjana Nora Maria (b. St Gallen, 10 April 1973), married in Vaduz on 5 June 1999 Baron Matthias Claus-Just Carl Philipp von Lattorff (b. Graz, 25 March 1968), 7 children:
- Lukas Maria von Lattorff (b. Wiesbaden, 13 May 2000)
- Elisabeth Maria Angela Tatjana von Lattorff (b. Grabs, 25 January 2002)
- Marie Teresa von Lattorff (b. Grabs, 18 January 2004)
- Camilla Maria Katharina von Lattorf (b. Monza, 4 November 2005)
- Anna Pia Theresia Maria von Lattorf (b. Goldgeben, 3 August 2007)
- Sophie Katharina Maria von Lattorf (b. Goldgeben, 30 October 2009)
- Maximilian Maria von Lattorf (b. Goldgeben, 17 December 2011)
Titles and styles
|Monarchical styles of
Marie, Princess of Liechtenstein
|Reference style||Her Serene Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Serene Highness|
- 14 April 1940 – 30 July 1967: Countess Marie Aglaë Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau.
- 30 July 1967 – 13 November 1989: Her Serene Highness The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein.
- 13 November 1989 – present: Her Serene Highness The Princess of Liechtenstein.
- Liechtenstein : Grand Star of the Order of Merit of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- Liechtenstein : Commemorative Medal on the Occasion of the 70th Birthday of His Serene Highness Prince Franz Joseph II (16/08/1976).
- Austria : Great Star of Honour for Services to the Republic of Austria (24/03/2004).
|Ancestors of Marie, Princess of Liechtenstein|
- Marie's biography on the site for the Princely House
Marie, Princess of LiechtensteinBorn: 14 April 1940
Georgina von Wilczek
|Princess consort of Liechtenstein
1989 – present