Marie Friederike of Hesse-Kassel
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Article is not in compliance with the Manual of Style for biographies. (September 2011)|
Marie Frederike of Hesse-Kassel (14 September 1768, Hanau – 17 April 1839, Hanau) was a German noblewoman. She was a daughter of William I, Elector of Hesse and his wife Princess Wilhelmina Caroline of Denmark
On 29 November 1794 she married Alexius Frederick Christian, Duke of Anhalt-Bernburg. The union was completely unhappy and the couple divorced in 1817. On her death, she was buried on 22 April 1839 in the Marienkirche in Hanau (then a Reformed church).
- Katharine Wilhelmine (b. Kassel, 1 January 1796 - d. Kassel, 24 February 1796).
- Wilhelmine Louise (b. Ballenstedt, 30 October 1799 - d. Schloss Eller, 9 December 1882), married on 21 November 1817 to Prince Frederick William Louis of Prussia, grandson of King Frederick William II of Prussia and uterine half-brother of King George V of Hanover. She was the mother of Prince George of Prussia.
- Frederick Amadeus, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt-Bernburg (b. Ballenstedt, 19 April 1801 - d. Ballenstedt, 24 May 1801).
- Alexander Karl, Duke of Anhalt-Bernburg (b. Ballenstedt, 2 March 1805 - d. Hoym, 19 August 1863).
- Sabine Köttelwesch: Geliebte, Gemahlinnen und Mätressen. Zehn Frauenschicksale aus dem Umfeld des Kasseler Fürstenhofes (Die Geschichte unserer Heimat 41), Hofgeismar 2004. S. 85-98.
- Detlev Schwennicke: Europäische Stammtafeln ("Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der europäischen Staaten/Neue Folge; 3). Klostermann, Frankfurt/M. 2000, Tafel 255ff.
- Reinhard Suchier: Die Grabmonumente und Särge der in Hanau bestatteten Personen aus den Häusern Hanau und Hessen. In: Programm des Königlichen Gymnasiums zu Hanau. Hanau 1879. S. 1 - 56.
- Suchier, S. 40.