Marie Gabriel Augustin Savard
Marie Gabriel Augustin Savard (21 August 1814 – 7 June 1881) was a French composer and teacher.
Savard was a teacher at the Paris Conservatory in tonic solfa, harmony and figured bass. Among his pupils were Jules Massenet, Cécile Chaminade, Eduard Reuss, and Edward MacDowell. See: List of music students by teacher: N to S#Marie Gabriel Augustin Savard. Massenet describes him fondly in his memoires. His works include the following:
- Kyrie (1860) (Niedermeyer)
- Messe solennelle (1865)
- Cours complet d'Harmonie théorique et pratique (1853) and
- Principes de la musique et méthode de transposition (1865), Librairie Hachette et cie., Paris 
He was the father of Marie Emmanuel Augustin Savard.
- Morris Foundation
- Charles Bergmans (2008) La Musique Et Les Musiciens, BiblioBazaar, LLC.
- digitized by Google Books (Harvard University Library)
|This article about a French composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|