|Born||Marika Nicolette Green
21 June 1943
Södermalm, Stockholm, Stockholm County
Marika Nicolette Green (born 21 June 1943) is a Swedish-French actress. She is mostly famous for playing a starring role in Robert Bresson's Pickpocket (1959), and also for appearing in Emmanuelle (1974).
Green was born in Södermalm, Stockholm, Stockholm County, the daughter of a French mother, Jeanne Green-Le Flem, and Lennart Green, a Swedish journalist. Her maternal grandfather was French composer and music critic Paul Le Flem. She left Sweden for France in 1953. She played the lead female role in Robert Bresson's Pickpocket at the age of 16.
- Pickpocket (1959) by Robert Bresson : Jeanne
- Le Récit de Rebecca (1964) by Paul Vecchiali
- Five Ashore in Singapore (1967) by Bernard Toublanc-Michel
- Le Golem (television - 1967) by Louis Pauwels and Jean Kerchbron
- Rider on the Rain (1969) by René Clément
- L'Affaire Crazy Capo (1973)
- Emmanuelle (1974) by Just Jaeckin : Bee
- Le Bal des voyous (1968) by Jean-Claude Dague
- La Fille d'en face (1968) by Jean-Daniel Simon
- Until September (1984) by Richard Marquand
- Hanna en mer (1991) by Christian Berger
- Le Flem's family genealogy  Article published in Ouest-France, january 24, 2007 : "Fifteen days after her husband, Lennart Green, Jeanne Green-Le Flem [...] died Friday aged 95 [...]. The ceremony took place in the privacy of the family [...] her daughter, actress Marika Green, her granddaughters Joy and Eva Green [...] and her daughter in law Marlene Jobert. Madame Green-Le Flem, daughter of [French] composer Paul Le Flem, was buried in the family vault in the cemetery of Vieux-Marché [near the city of Lannion, Brittanny, France].
- Walter Green, incidentally, played Jacques, the man rejected by Marie in Bresson's Au Hasard Balthazar -http://www.mastersofcinema.org/bresson/TheNews.html#2005-10-29
|This article about a French actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|