Marina Berlusconi (Maria Elvira Berlusconi, born 10 August 1966 in Milan) is an Italian businesswoman, chairwoman of Fininvest Holding and of the Arnoldo Mondadori Editore publishing group. She is the oldest daughter of Italian businessman and politician Silvio Berlusconi.
Berlusconi has been considered for many years, by her father's supporters, to get into politics; she has always rejected such notions, simply stating that she isn't interested. However, in recent years, Berlusconi has had reconsideration in regards to a political career. It is believed that she is the perfect person to take up the reigns of her father's political party--Forza Italia. Her father's PDL party MP Laura Ravetto is quoted for saying that "She is Berlusconi's heir."
Family background and personal life
She is the daughter of Silvio Berlusconi with his first wife Carla Elvira Lucia Dall'Oglio, and is the elder sister of the businessman Pier Silvio Berlusconi. She is married to Maurizio Vanadia (former first dancer of La Scala, Milan) and has two children.
After a hard apprenticeship, Marina Berlusconi earned several positions in the media business in Italy. She is chairman of Italy's largest magazine publisher, Mondadori, and chairman of the family's investment arm, Fininvest, the media holding company founded by her father some fifty years ago.
- ‘The Holding: Board of Directors’, official Fininvest website.
- ‘Consiglio di Amministrazione’, Gruppo Mondadori.
- Marina Berlusconi: The ‘Workaholic Nymph in Black’ Ready to Take over Italy’s Right; Umberto Bacchi; International Business Times; August 5, 2013
- ‘Marina Berlusconi lets her hair (and corporate image) down at glitzy Monte Carlo club launch’, Daily Mail online, 23 May 2009.
- #33 Marina Berlusconi - Forbes.com
- ‘The Group: Introduction’, official Fininvest website.
|This business-related Italian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|