Pérez backstage in 2008
|Born||Marina Carolina Pérez
July 31, 1984
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Dress size||6(US); 36(EU)|
Marina Carolina Pérez (born July 31, 1984, in Madrid, Spain) is a Spanish model known for her eyes. She has been the face for Jimmy Choo, Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Pucci, Moschino, Giorgio Armani, St. John, and Marc Jacobs campaigns.
Early life and career
Encouraged by her mother, Pérez began modeling at the age of 11 posing for catalogs and ads. She made her catwalk debut at the fall Madrid runway for Miguel Palacio, and appeared on her first magazine cover, for Spanish Elle. Recognition came when she was presented with the L'Oréal modeling award at the Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week and since then she has not stopped working. A break into fashion at the international level came in late 2001 after she moved to New York at age 18. In September 2003 she debuted in New York Fashion Week for Betsey Johnson. The New York Magazine reported that Pérez commanded over $8,000 per runway show in 2004 and, it was said she earned € 5,000 for the Milan shows. Her runway credentials include walking for designers: Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Chloé, Givenchy, Prada, Balenciaga, Miu Miu, Lanvin, Dolce & Gabbana, Dries van Noten, Rick Owens, Rodarte, Marni, Gucci, Thakoon, and Nina Ricci in New York, London, Milan and Paris. She has opened shows for Proenza Schouler f/w 06 in New York and for Christopher Kane s/s 07 in London. Pérez has worked with high-calibre photographers such as Steven Meisel, Inez and Vinoodh, Mert n Marcus, and Patrick Demarchelier. She has been the cover of magazines, Vogue, Dazed & Confused, Numéro and 10 Magazine. She has appeared on the cover of Italian Vogue and twice on Spanish Vogue. In 2008 she replaced Angelina Jolie as one of the faces of St. John alongside Hilary Rhoda and Caroline Winberg.
- "Marina Perez". The Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Marina Perez – Fashion Model profile". Nymag.com. 1984-07-29. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Modelos: Marina PĂŠrez". Cosmohispano.com. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Repubblica.it/cronaca: Milano, sfilate in musical E il lusso diventa sexy". Repubblica.it. 2004-09-27. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Place Models – and the Spanish Armada!". Gosee.de. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Marina Pérez interviewed by Miss at la Playa". Youtube.com. 2008-09-28. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Martina Perez.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marina Perez.|