Marina Alandra Vaizey is a broadcaster, exhibition curator and journalist. She was educated at Harvard University and Girton College, Cambridge. She was formerly Art Critic for the Financial Times and Sunday Times and editor of the Art Quarterly and Review. She has written several books on art. She now lectures including at the National Gallery and British Museum. She was a founding Trustee of the Geffrye Museum and has also been a trustee of the Imperial War Museum and the South Bank. She is a current trustee of ACE Foundation. She has also been a judge for the Turner Prize.
Lady Vaizey was born in New York and moved to Britain in 1959. She married the economist John Vaizey, Lord Vaizey, who died in 1984. One of their sons is Ed Vaizey, the Conservative Member of Parliament and columnist.
- John Golding, Paintings and Drawings, Kettle's Yard Gallery, Cambridge (1975).
- The St. Michael’s Guide to Famous Paintings, Marks & Spencer Ltd (1979)
- The Artist as a Photographer, Sidgwick and Jackson, Sep. (1982). ISBN 9780283987397
- Steve Buck, New Sculpture Observed, Angel Row Gallery, Nottingham (1990)
- Jørgen Haugen Sørensen, Kunstbogklubben, Forlaget Søren Fogtdal, Copenhagen, 1994.
- À La Rencontre De 100 Peintures Célèbres (French), Chantecler (1997), ISBN 9782803427826
- Picasso’s Ladies, Jewelry by Wendy Ramshaw (co-authored with Paul Greenhaulgh and Eric Turner), Merrell Pub. Ltd (1998). ISBN 9781858940656
- Art: The Critics’ Choice, Watson and Guptill (1999). ISBN 9780823002603
- Sutton Taylor: A Lustrous Art, UK, Hart Gallery (1999). ISBN 9781902721026
- Great Women Collectors (co-authored with Charlotte Gere), UK: P. Wilson. USA: H. Abrams (1999). ISBN 9780810963931
- Max Couper: The Plot, Booth-Clibborn Editions (2002). ISBN 9781861541239
- Smile, British Museum Press (2002). ISBN 9780714127811
- Colin Rose: Edge to Edge, Black Dog Publishing Ltd (2003). ISBN 9781901033922
- Art - The Critics Choice: 150 Masterworks of Western Art Selected and Defined by the Experts, New Line Books (2005). ISBN 9781597640459
- Figure to Ground: Five Painters, Cv Publications (2012). ISBN 9781908419477
- David Hockney and the Yorkshire Landscape (co-authored with James Cahill, Michael Lovell-Plank and edited by Nicholas James), CV Publications (2012). ISBN 9781908419262
- Photography and Art: Documents and Dreams (co-authored with Anne Blood), CV Publishing (2013). ISBN 9781908419408