|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007)|
Marinette Marine Corporation (MMC) is a shipbuilding firm in Marinette, Wisconsin. MMC was a subsidiary of Manitowoc Marine Group, also in Wisconsin, but was sold to Fincantieri Marine Group in 2009. 
Marinette Marine Corporation (MMC) was founded on the Menominee River in Marinette, Wisconsin, in 1942 as part of the growth in the American shipbuilding industry during World War II. In 2000 Marinette Marine, which at the time was a privately held company, was purchased by The Manitowoc Company for approximately $48 million. On August 4, 2008 The Manitowoc Company announced that it had signed an agreement to sell their Manitowoc Marine Group division, which includes Marinette Marine, to Fincantieri Marine Group Holdings, Inc. and minority investor Lockheed Martin. The sale was completed on Jan 1, 2009 to Fincantieri. The net purchase price in the all-cash deal was approximately $120 million.  Since its founding, Marinette Marine has produced more than 1,300 vessels. While primarily a producer of commercial vessels, it has also taken a number of contracts for the United States Navy, primarily for auxiliary vessels. Most recently, Marinette Marine became part of a team with Lockheed Martin to produce one of two Littoral Combat Ship designs for the Navy, resulting in the launch of the USS Freedom on 23 September 2006. In 2010, Marinette Marine bid for work on the Ship-to-Shore Connector, which would replace the Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC).
All Marinette Marine facilities are located on the Menominee River in Marinette, Wisconsin. Some of the specific facilities they comprise are as follows:
- 300,000 square feet (30,000 m2) of indoor ship construction space
- 53,000 square feet (4,900 m2) of indoor warehousing and receiving space
- Ship launching facility for up to 4,500 long tons
- Ship transport system for up to 1,600 tons
- Ship module movers for up to 160 tons
- 275 ton yard crane
- 100 ton yard crane
- 40 ton yard cranes
Ships built by Marinette Marine include:
- USS Detroit (LCS-7) launched October 2014
- ARRV Sikuliaq launched October 2012
- NOAAS Reuben Lasker launched June 2012
- USS Freedom (LCS-1), launched in 2006
- USS Fort Worth (LCS-3), launched 2010 and delivered 2012
- USCGC Hollyhock (WLB-214), launched in 2003
- USCGC Mackinaw, launched in 2005
- Staten Island Ferries, New York City Department of Transportation
Tug boats built
- MV Ocean Reliance(2002) and MV Coastal Reliance (2002), pusher tugs for Crowley Maritime petroleum barges on the west coast.
- "02/01/2009". fincantieri.com.
- "Marinette Marine Corp., Marinette WI". Ship Building History. shipbuildinghistory.com. April 19, 2015. Retrieved May 13, 2015.
- The Manitowoc Company (2008). "Press Releases". Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- "Manitowoc Company (MTW) Completes Sale of its Marine Segment to Fincantieri Marine Group". StreetInsider.com.
- "Marinette Marine to build ship-to-shore connector". 2010-09-15. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marinette Marine.|