Mario De Caro
Mario De Caro (born 1963) is an Italian philosopher who teaches Moral Philosophy at the University of Rome III in Rome, Italy. Since 2000, he has also been teaching at Tufts University, where he is a regular Visiting Professor. He is interested in moral philosophy, the free-will controversy, theory of action, history of science, and Donald Davidson's and Hilary Putnam's philosophies. With David Macarthur  he has defended a metaphilosohical view called liberal naturalism, which is now widely discussed.
He is the editor of Interpretations and Causes: New Perspectives on Donald Davidson’s Philosophy Naturalism in Question with David Macarthur  Cartographies of the Mind. Philosophy and Psychology in Intersection  Naturalism and Normativity (with David Macarthur), and Philosophy in an Age of Science: Physics, Mathematics and Skepticism David Macarthur), and In Dialogue, two volumes of philosophical papers by Hilary Putnam by Harvard University Press, respectively in 2012 and forthcoming.
In Italian, he has written Dal punto di vista dell'interprete, Il libero arbitrio, Azione  and editedLa logica della libertà  Normatività, Fatti, Valori  Scetticismo. Storia di una vicenda filosofica  Siamo davvero liberi? Le neuroscienze e il mistero del libero arbitrio  and La filosofia analitica e le altre tradizioni 
He is a member of the editorial boards ofThe European Journal of Analytic Philosophy, Iris and Filosofia e questioni pubbliche  of the Advisory Panels of Linguistic and Philosophical Investigations, Review of Contemporary Philosophy  and Analysis and Metaphysics. He is a consultant of the Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Ensino Superior (Portugal). He regularly contributes to the cultural pages of Il Sole 24 Ore, and wrote for the cultural sections of The Times, La Repubblica, and Il Manifesto. He is a member of the Committee on Academic Career Opportunities and Placement of the American Philosophical Association, and a former President of the Italian Society of Analytic Philosophy (2010–2012).
He has been invited to give lectures at Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, Tufts, Boston College, Indiana at Bloomington, Notre Dame, Saint Mary's College (Indiana), Case Western Reserve (Ohio), Colby College, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Paris "Jean-Nicod", Paris IV-Sorbonne, Heidelberg, Madrid Autonoma, Alta Scuola Pedagogica in Locarno, Bern, Bonn, Belgrad, and in more than 40 Italian universities.
He is one of the conductors and hosts of the television show Zettel, broadcast by RAI (the Italian national public service broadcaster), dedicated to philosophy.
- David Macarthur
- Sympathetic review of Liberal Naturalism
- Critical review of Liberal Naturalism
- Interpretations and Causes: New Perspectives on Donald Davidson’s Philosophy (Kluwer, 1999),
- Naturalism in Question Harvard University Press, 2004; paperback edition 2008);
- Cartographies of the Mind. Philosophy and Psychology in Intersection (with M. Marraffa and F. Ferretti), Springer, 2006)
- Naturalism and Normativity Columbia University Press, 2010)
- Dal punto di vista dell'interprete (Carocci, 1998)
- Il libero arbitrio (Laterza, 2004)
- Azione (Il Mulino, 2008)
- La logica della libertà (Meltemi, 2002)
- Normatività, Fatti, Valori (with M. Dell’Utri and R. Egidi), Quodlibet, 2003)
- Scetticismo. Storia di una vicenda filosofica (with E. Spinelli], Carocci, 2007)
- Siamo davvero liberi? Le neuroscienze e il mistero del libero arbitrio (with A. Lavazza and G. Sartori), Codice, 2010)
- La filosofia analitica e le altre tradizioni (with S. Poggi), Carocci, 2011).
- The European Journal of Analytic Philosophy
- Filosofia e questioni pubbliche
- Linguistic and Philosophical Investigations
- Review of Contemporary Philosophy
- Analysis and Metaphysics
- Committee on Academic Career Opportunities and Placement
-  NASA entry for 5329