Marion Maddox at the 2012 Global Atheist Convention
Marion Maddox is an Australian author, academic and political commentator. She is a Professor in the department of Modern History, Politics and International Relations at Macquarie University. Maddox is a regular commentator on issues of religion and politics in the Australian media and is a member of the Uniting Church. She authored the book God Under Howard: The rise of the religious right in Australian politics which compared the Howard Government with the religious right in the United States and criticised the decline of mainstream Christianity in Australia.
Maddox achieved doctorates in theology and political philosophy from Flinders University and the University of New South Wales respectively. She is also the recipient of an Australian Parliamentary Fellowship.
- God Under Howard: The rise of the religious right in Australian politics, ISBN 1-74114-568-6
- Taking God to School: The end of Australia's egalitarian education?, ISBN 978-1-74331-571-2
- Australian Parliamentary Library
- For God and Country: Religious Dynamics in Australian Federal Politics, Monograph 07, 2001-02 (excerpt)
- Indigenous Religion in Secular Australia, Research Paper 11, 1999-2000
- Does a Preamble Need a God?, Research Paper 8, 1999-2000
- Dr Marion Maddox, Religious Studies programme, Victoria University of Wellington
- Book review: God under Howard, The Age, 26 February 2005
- Fading religion fanning fundamentalism, author finds report in the Sydney Morning Herald
- Book review: God under Howard by Bill Muehlenberg - in "On Line Opinion", posted Wednesday, 23 March 2005
- Book review: God 'under' Howard - a different perspective by Gavin Mooney - in "Online Opinion", posted Wednesday, 6 April 2005
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a New Zealand writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|