Marion Township, Allen County, Ohio
|Marion Township, Ohio|
|• Total||42.5 sq mi (110.2 km2)|
|• Land||42.4 sq mi (109.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||781 ft (238 m)|
|• Density||159/sq mi (61.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085695|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jennings Township, Putnam County - north
- Sugar Creek Township, Putnam County - northeast corner
- Sugar Creek Township - east
- American Township - southeast corner
- Amanda Township - south
- Spencer Township - southwest
- Jennings Township, Van Wert County - west
- Washington Township, Van Wert County - northwest
Part of the city of Delphos is located in northwestern Marion Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Marion township, Allen County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.