Mariqueen Maandig performing live with West Indian Girl in 2006
|Birth name||Mariqueen Maandig|
|Associated acts||West Indian Girl
How to Destroy Angels
West Indian Girl (2004–2009)
Maandig was a vocalist for the band West Indian Girl from 2004 to 2009, performing on the albums West Indian Girl and 4th & Wall. Her departure from the band was announced via the band's website, coinciding with the announcement of her engagement to Trent Reznor. In the fall of 2008, she accepted an offer from Playboy magazine to be featured as the "Becoming Attraction" for the January 2009 issue.
How to Destroy Angels (2010–present)
In 2010, Maandig and her husband Trent Reznor formed the group How to Destroy Angels, along with long-time Reznor collaborator Atticus Ross. They have so far released two EPs, How to Destroy Angels and An Omen, and a studio album entitled Welcome Oblivion.
Maandig has appeared as a guest vocalist on two of LA synthpop band Ming & Ping's songs, "Mixed Melodies" from their eponymous 2009 album and "Chinatown" from 2012's The Darkness of Night, where she is credited as Mariqueen Maandig Reznor.
- Pratt, Greg (2010-04-29). "Trent Reznor Returns as How to Destroy Angels?". Exclaim!. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- Phillips, Amy (2010-05-04). "How to Destroy Angels: "A Drowning"". Pitchfork. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Aditham, Kiran (2010-04-27). "How to Destroy Angels = Trent Reznor + Wife?". Prefix. Retrieved 28 April 2010.
- Luerssen, John D. (2009-10-19). "Trent Reznor Married Mariqueen Maandig". Spinner. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- Goodman, William (2009-10-19). "Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor Marries". Spin. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- "Obituaries". Nancy Lou Clark Reznor. Sharonherald.com. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- Pareles, Jon. "Nine Inch Nails Is Back Onstage, With a Vengeance". New York Times. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- Baltin, Steve. "Trent Reznor Shares Release Info for How to Destroy Angels Album". Rolling Stone. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
|This article about a singer-songwriter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|