|Born||Santina Marissa Ribisi
December 17, 1974
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Beck (2004–present) 2 children|
Marissa Ribisi (born December 17, 1974) is an American actress who performed in the films Dazed and Confused, True Crime, The Brady Bunch Movie, Pleasantville, and Don's Plum and television shows such as Felicity, Friends, Grace Under Fire, Watching Ellie, and Tales of the City.
Ribisi was born Santina Marissa Ribisi in Los Angeles, California. Marissa and her twin brother, Giovanni, were delivered by Bibbe Hansen, the mother of musical artist and Marissa's future husband, Beck. Her mother, Gay (née Landrum), is a manager of actors and writers, and her father, Al Ribisi, is a musician. Ribisi began acting when she was nine years old. Her twin brother, Giovanni, is also an actor.
Ribisi first appeared on television in 1988, playing a minor red-haired character named Ginger in She'll Get Over It, an episode of My Two Dads. This was followed by similar brief appearances in Baywatch ("Old Friends" 1990), DEA (1991), and the miniseries Tales of the City (1993), playing a receptionist.
Ribisi's first role in a feature film was in the 1993 film Dazed and Confused. She starred alongside Matthew McConaughey and Adam Goldberg, who were then, like Ribisi, unknowns. The actress played Cynthia, a socially marginalized girl who runs with two verbose outsiders (Goldberg and Anthony Rapp).
In 1998, Ribisi cowrote the film Some Girl and starred in it alongside Juliette Lewis, Michael Rapaport, and Giovanni Ribisi. The film, directed by Rory Kelly, relates the story of insecure young women searching for long-term relationships in 1990s Los Angeles. She has had roles in the films True Crime, The Brady Bunch Movie, Pleasantville, and Don's Plum. She has also appeared in television shows such as Felicity, Friends, Grace Under Fire, and Watching Ellie, as well as the TV miniseries Tales of the City.
She also appeared on the short-lived TV series Grown Ups from 1999 to 2000.
In 2001 she played the role of Dora in the movie 100 Girls.
In October 2007, Ribisi launched a fashion line, Whitley Kros, with partner Sophia Banks.
- "Scientologists Beck & Marissa Ribisi had their second child, daughter Tuesday in June 2007". Celebrific.
- Giovanni Ribisi Biography (1976?-)
- Inside Film Online - An Interview with Gay Ribisi, Producer of "Some Girls"
- Deeken, Aimee (20 Nov 2009). "Celebrity Scientologists: L. Ron Hubbard's Most Famous Followers". Inside Movies. Retrieved 4 Jul 2010.
- "Marissa Ribisi". Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved July 6, 2010.
- Gardner, Chris (2007-10-12). "L.A. Confidential". Fashion Week Daily. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- "Beck Marries Marissa Ribisi". United Press International. 2004-04-20. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "Beck Expecting Baby No. 2?". Spin. 2006-10-18. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Itzkoff, Dave (2008-07-06). "In a Chaotic Industry, Beck Abides". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-07-13.