|Slogan||"Your Bus Ride!"|
|Parent||Trius Tours Ltd.|
|Headquarters||7 Mount Edward Road,
Prince Edward Island,
|Service area||Eastern Canada|
|Service type||Intercity coach service|
Maritime Bus is a Canadian coach operator based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. The company began operations on December 1, 2012, after Acadian Lines discontinued service on November 30.
Maritime Bus began operations in December of 2012, serving 15,500 passengers in its first month. This increased to 16,700 in the month of March and averaged about 15,000 per month for its first year of operation. Its busiest single day of operation was on January 4, 2014 when ridership totalled a little over 1,600. The bus service also provides daily same-day parcel delivery to all its terminals in the Maritimes and Quebec. Maritime Bus is a subsidiary of its parent company, Coach Atlantic Group.
The application for incorporation was filed on August 16, 2012, and was originally going to be called Atlantic Express Inc. During the incorporation process, the name of the applicant was changed to Tri-Maritime Bus Network Inc.
- "Maritime Bus team preps for maiden voyage". CBC News. 2012-11-24. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "Maritime Bus steers toward smooth launch". The Chronicle-Herald. 2012-11-29. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "New regional bus service for students". Unews.ca. 2012-11-26. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "Smooth launch for Maritime Bus company". CBC News. 2012-12-01. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- Ross, Ryan (October 26, 2012). "Maritime Bus will be on roads Dec. 1: Cassidy". The Guardian (Charlottetown). Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- Stewart, Dave (November 29, 2012). "New regional bus service launches Saturday from Charlottetown". The Guardian (Charlottetown). Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- Cosgrove, Colleen (October 25, 2012). "Maritime bus service gets OK to roll". The Chronicle-Herald. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "Maritime Bus close to breaking even". CBC News. 2013-04-02. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Daily Record for Maritime Bus!, Maritime Bus
|This bus operating company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|