Marjorie Harris BA (born 15 Sep 1937 as Marjorie Stibbards in Shaunavon, Saskatchewan) is a Canadian non-fiction writer who has published numerous books on gardening.
In 1959, she graduated from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario with Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in English. Her first marriage was to television producer and musician Barry Harris. Currently, she lives in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with her second husband, writer Jack Batten.
Partial listing of books written or co-written by Marjorie Harris:
- 1984: with Kildare Dobbs, Historic Canada (Methuen) ISBN 0-458-98530-9
- 1984: Toronto The City of Neighbourhoods (McClelland and Stewart) ISBN 0-7710-3988-3
- 1986: with David Suzuki and Hans Blohm, Sciencescape: The Nature of Canada (Oxford University Press) ISBN 0-19-540528-5
- 1995: In the Garden: Thoughts on the Changing Seasons (HarperCollins) ISBN 0-00-255410-0
- 1996: The Healing Garden (HarperCollins) ISBN 0-00-255432-1
- 1999: Seasons of My Garden (HarperCollins) ISBN 0-00-255755-X, ISBN 0-00-638504-4
- Marjorie Harris official website, accessed 18 July 2006
- McMaster University: Marjorie Harris fonds, accessed 18 July 2006
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|