Marjun Syderbø Kjelnæs
Marjun Syderbø Kjelnæs (born 1974) is a Faroese writer. She has won several short story competitions and in 2008 she was awarded by the City Council of Tórshavn with the Children's Book Prize Barnabókaheiðursløn Tórshavnar býráðs. She writes mostly for children and for the youth. In 2011 her story "Skriva í sandin" from 2010 won the Nordic Children's Book Prize from the Nordic School Librarian Association and the German White Raven Prize. Skriva í sandin is a contemporary book for the youth, it takes place in Kjelnæs's hometown Tórshavn.
- 2001 Kópakona published in the short story anthology Mjørki í heilum
- 2004 Ein farri av kolvetni, 9 short stories
- 2006 Tað svarta portrið published in Mín jólabók
- 2007 Og tú fert rennandi, short story, published in the Faroese magazine Vencil Vol. 2
- 2007 Hvør fjalir seg í postkassanum?
- 2008 Hvør fjalir seg í ferðataskuni?
- 2009 Hvør fjalir seg í smúkkuskríninum?
- 2010 Skriva í sandin
- 2010 Skriva í sandin published in the Nordic short story anthology Elskar - elskar ikki
- 2012 Ecrire dans le sable (Skriva í sandin) in French translation in the short story anthology Nouvelles Pays Nordiques, which means Short Stories from the Nordic Countries.
- 2012 Skriv i sandet, in Danish translation by Hugin Eide, Torgard (Publishing House)
- 2012 Eg undrist, At týða týdningin, Allar línur spennast, Vit hava hits áður. These short stories were published in the Faroese literature magazine Vencil, vol. 11
- 2012 Rót Trip - poems, Sprotin.
- 2014 Tóm rúm (Empty rooms), play, Sprotin, 978-99972-1-041-8 The play is performed in February 2014 in Tórshavn on Tjóðpallur Føroya.
- 2001 Listastevna Føroya, 2. prize
- 2002 Listastevna Føroya, 1. prize
- 2004 Grant from the Faroese fond Grunnur Thorvalds Poulsen av Steinum
- 2008 Barnabókaheiðursløn Tórshavnar býráðs
- 2008 Won an award in a youth short story competition
- 2011 White Raven Deutsche Jugendbibliothek for her book Skriva í sandin
- 2011 Nordic Children's Book Prize from the Nordic School Librarian Association for her book Skriva í sandin
- 2012 West Nordic Council's Children and Youth Literature Prize (nominated)
- BFL.fo (at the bottom of the page, in Faroese)
- Bfl.fo, Marjun á fronskum
- Forlagettorgard (Torgard Publishing House)
- Listinblog.blogspot.dk Tíðindaskriv: Marjun Syderbø Kjelnæs – nýtt, flott avrik (in Faroese)
- Tjodpallur.fo, Tóm rúm
- EMU.dk Nordisk Skolebibliotekarforening, Nordisk Børnebogspris 2011, Marjun Syderbø Kjelnæs Færøerne
|This Faroese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|