Mark Beeson (born 1962) is Professor of International Politics at Murdoch University in Perth, Western Australia. He was previously Winthrop Professor of International Relations and Political Science at the University of Western Australia. He has also worked at Griffith University and the University of Queensland in Australia, and the University of York and the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom.
Beeson's main publications include:
- Competing Capitalisms: Australia, Japan and Economic Competition in the Asia Pacific (Macmillan, 1999)
- Contemporary Southeast Asia: Regional Dynamics, National Differences (edited, Palgrave, 2004)
- Bush and Asia: America's Evolving Relations with East Asia (edited, Routledge, 2006)
- Regionalism, Globalization and East Asia: Politics, Security and Economic Development (Palgrave, 2007)
- Securing Southeast Asia: The Politics of Security Sector Reform (with Alex Bellamy, Routledge, 2008).
- [url=http://profiles.murdoch.edu.au/myprofile/mark-beeson]Professor Mark Beeson