Birighitti playing for Adelaide United Youth in 2009
|Full name||Mark Romano Birighitti|
|Date of birth||17 April 1991|
|Place of birth||Perth, Australia|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|A.S. Varese 1910|
|2015–||→ Varese (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Mark started his career at the AIS before moving to Adelaide United in 2008. He made his first team debut against Queensland Roar on 17 October 2008 helping Adelaide to a 1–0 win. Aurelio Vidmar praised the young goalkeeper after the game saying "I think Birighitti played well he's got a really good future,he had big shoes to fill and I think he did an outstanding job tonight." 
His second successive A-League start came against Perth Glory at Hindmarsh Stadium after Adelaide's number one goalkeeper, 28-year-old Eugene Galekovic, was injured during the Asian Champions League game against FC Bunyodkor. Despite conceding the game's first goal at the near post, Birighitti played his part in the 2–1 win taking Adelaide to the top of the league table.
With Galekovic again ruled out with injury Birighitti started the second leg of the 2008 AFC Champions League Final against Gamba Osaka on 12 November 2008; Adelaide lost the match 2–0. He injured his ankle after falling awkwardly in a training session on 17 December 2008 ruling him out of the remaining A-League 2008-09 season.
On 17 January 2012 it was announced he had signed a two year contract with A-League club Newcastle Jets starting post the 2012 AFC Champions League group stage. He quickly became the first choice goalkeeper for the Newcastle Jets, edging out Ben Kennedy and Jack Duncan. In late 2013 he signed a contract extension with the Jets until the end of the 2015–16 season 
On 24 March 2014, Birighitti flew to Germany to discuss a possible transfer to Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen. Should he secure a contract, Birighitti will join compatriot Robbie Kruse at the club.
After failing to secure a contract with Bayer Leverkusen he then came back to the Jets for the 2014–15 season.
A.S. Varese 1910
On 27 January 2015, Birighitti will fly to Italy to join up with Serie B club Varese on a six month loan deal. Mark Birighitti made his Serie B debut for A.S. Varese in a 1-0 away loss to Vicenza on 25 April 2015. 
He made his debut for the senior Australian national team in Australia's final match of the 2013 East Asian Football Cup against China.
- As of 2 November 2014
CS = Clean Sheets
1 – includes A-League final series statistics
2 – includes FIFA Club World Cup statistics; AFC Champions League statistics are included in season commencing during group stages (i.e. ACL 2008 and A-League season 2007–08 etc.)
- AFC U-19 Championship: 2010 (Runners-Up)
- AFF U-19 Youth Championship: 2010
- International Cor Groenewegen Tournament (U-20): 2009
- Forsaith, Rob (17 October 2008). "One goal enough for United". A-League. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Cornthwaite heads Adelaide to victory over Roar. In his time with Adelaide United he lives with the Bria family of such an early age and starting into the A-League as a goalkeeper.". Adelaide United. 17 October 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Reds aiming to take ACL success into Glory match". Adelaide United. 24 October 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- Barrett, Steve (26 October 2008). "United go top". A-League. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Gamba Osaka too good for Adelaide in ACL Final". Adelaide United. 11 December 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Injured Reds keeper to be sidelined for 6 weeks". Adelaide United. 18 December 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Italian offer comes at right time for Mark Birighitti". The Herald. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- "2008 Victorian Premier League Results". Ozfootball. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Mark Birighitti » Club matches". worldfootball.net.
- "Mark Birighitti (Newcastle Jets)". Ultimate A-League.