|Full name||Mark Gerard Connolly|
|Date of birth||16 December 1991|
|Place of birth||Monaghan, Ireland|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2010||→ St. Johnstone (loan)||1||(0)|
|2012||→ Macclesfield Town (loan)||7||(0)|
|2011–||Republic of Ireland U21||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:47, 21 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Mark Gerard Connolly (born 16 December 1991) is an Irish footballer who plays for Kilmarnock. He has previously played for Bolton Wanderers, St. Johnstone, Macclesfield Town and Crawley Town. Connolly has also represented the Republic of Ireland at under-21 level.
Connolly was signed from Wolverhampton Wanderers by Bolton Wanderers on the summer transfer dealine in 2009. After the clubs agreed a £1,000,000 fee. Wolves later reported Bolton and their assistant manager Chris Evans, a former academy director at Wolves, for an illegal approach for the player.
Connolly was captain of Bolton Wanderers's reserve team and was on the substitutes bench for the first team in their League Cup win against Macclesfield Town and he joined Macclesfield later in the season on a months loan, making his debut on 25 February, the day after signing, in their 1–1 draw at Oxford United.
On 15 May 2012, Connolly confirmed on his Twitter account that he had left Bolton.
On 9 July 2012, Crawley Town announced that Connolly had signed for them on a two-year contract. In late August 2012, Connolly was part of the Crawley team which successfully defeated Bolton in the League Cup thanks to a last minute goal by Nicky Ajose. He was among 11 players released by Crawley at the end of the 2013–14 season.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 33. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Mark Connolly – the £1million kid". The Bolton News. 17 September 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2010.[dead link]
- "Bolton accused of illegal approach for ex-Wolves kid Mark Connolly: Allegations against Trotters' assistant manager Chris Evans". The Daily Mail. 7 October 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2010.
- "St Johnstone sign Bolton defender Mark Connolly". BBC Sport. 2 February 2010. Retrieved 3 February 2010.
- "Connolly Joins Macclesfield on Loan". bwfc.co.uk. 24 February 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Connolly joins Reds". crawleytownfc.com. 9 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19340548 Crawley 2 Bolton 1
- Crawley Town: Paul Jones among 11 released by League One club, BBC Sport
- Kilmarnock sign defender Mark Connolly, BBC Sport