Mark Davis (talk show host)
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (June 2008)|
Mark Davis is an American radio host, newspaper columnist, and political commentator. His local talk show, The Mark Davis Show, airs weekdays from 7am to 10amCT on 660AM "The Answer" KSKY in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. His popular column is published in The Dallas Morning News. In March 2008, Davis joined the rotation of guest hosts for The Rush Limbaugh Show and he is also the Friday host of William Bennett's nationally syndicated radio program "Morning in America."
Davis describes himself as a libertarian conservative, opposing smoking bans, religious indoctrination in public education, and illegal immigration. He also supports the War on Terror and drug prohibition.
Davis started as a news anchor and reporter at WKAZ/WQBE in Charleston, West Virginia from 1979 to 1981. From there, he went to WOKV in Jacksonville, Florida, serving again as a news anchor until launching a talk show in 1982. From there he went to WHBQ in Memphis, Tennessee beginning in 1985, WMC in Memphis in 1989, WTKN in Tampa, Florida briefly in 1990, WWRC in Washington, DC 1990-94, and WBAP in Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas in 1994 through April 2012. The Mark Davis Show aired from 8:30 to 11:00 AM CT on WBAP. The "Mark Davis show" currently airs on "660AM The Answer" KSKY week day mornings from 7:00am to 10:00am CT except for Friday when he hosts Bill Benett's "Morning in America" from 6:00am though 8:00am CT (on KSKY as well) followed by his local show until 10:00am CT.
Davis was heard in national syndication with two shows, a Sunday three-hour broadcast from 1998-2003 and a two-hour weekday show which followed his local program from 2005-2007. The latter was produced mainly for ABC's satellite talk radio channel.
On July 3, 2008, his show was simulcast on C-SPAN 2.  During the commercial breaks he addressed the camera and provided some behind-the-scenes insights on talk radio and the issues of the day.
Beginning in April 2012, after eighteen years at WBAP, Mark disappeared from the airwaves. Rumors surfaced that Mark Davis and the new owners of WBAP, Cumulus were in contract negotiations.  These rumors proved true. Mark confirmed them on his blog and in various tweets late in the week. Davis' last day on the station was March 31, 2012.
On May 29, 2012, Davis announced he would be joining Dallas-based radio station "660AM The Answer" KSKY on June 4, 2012 in the 7:00am to 10:00amCT timeslot. The station is owned by Salem Communications.  
Effective June 8, 2012, Davis is the Friday host of Bill Bennett's "Morning in America," a nationally syndicated radio program airing Monday through Friday from 6am to 9am ET. Morning in America is produced and distributed by Salem Communications.
- "The Mark Davis Show". WBAP Radio. C-SPAN Video library. 8 July 2008.
- Philpot, Robert (2012-04-05). "Mark Davis leaving WBAP after 18 years? (update No. 4)". Dfw.com. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- "Mark Davis Joins KSKY in Dallas, as the Station Is Re-Branded to "660 AM The Answer"". Broadcast Newsroom. 29 May 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- Robert Wilonsky (29 May 2012). "As Mark Davis makes leap to AM 660, KSKY says it now has ‘The Answer’". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Next week just got even more interesting". Mark Davis blog. 1 June 2012.
- 660AM The Answer - Mark Davis blog
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- Dallas Morning News columns
- Marksworld: Multimedia Adventures of Mark Davis
- Bill Bennett's "Morning in America" website