December 21, 1977 |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Residence||San Diego, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||author, media analyst, and political activist|
|Height||6' 3" |
Mark Dice is a right wing author, media analyst, and political activist based in San Diego, California, who professes conspiratorial beliefs about the New World Order and secret societies stemming from the Illuminati, Bilderberg Group, Skull and Bones, and Bohemian Grove. His first book, originally published under the name of John Conner  and called The Resistance Manifesto (2005), details these beliefs.
The Illuminati and the New World Order
Mark Dice believes that a global criminal mafia referred to as the Illuminati operates under the cover of various organizations and manipulate political and financial arenas, slowly eroding the Constitution and America’s sovereignty, pushing towards a New World Order global socialized government. The Illuminati, he believes, is a corrupt extension of the historical (and real) Illuminati secret society founded in Germany in 1776, but was said to have been stamped out by authorities after their plans to infiltrate and overthrow all state and local governments were discovered. Dice also believes that the New World Order promotes immorality, selfishness, materialism, and purposefully aims to keep the population entertained with television and issues of little significance in order to separate them from the political process, thus allowing the Illuminati to operate without much opposition.
In May 2009 Dice self-published The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction, which analyzes the possibility of the existence of the Illuminati secret society and the many allegations and conspiracy theories surrounding the group. While Dice's writings detail his belief that the Illuminati are still functioning today as a mafia and insists it is not a "conspiracy theory", some of his research is dedicated to debunking various conspiracy theories and separating the facts from the fiction; hence the "Facts & Fiction" subtitle for several of his books.
Dice's activities are sometimes covered by national media outlets. His focus is primarily on political activism, culture jamming, boycotts, and pop culture criticism.
Films and videos
Dice is featured in documentary films and has appeared in several television shows. In Alex Jones' film The 9/11 Chronicles, which documents the activities of the 9/11 truth movement, one scene shows a heated confrontation between Dice and actor Danny Bonaduce surrounding their disagreement on the 9/11 attacks and the War in Iraq. He is also featured in Invisible Empire (2010) which is directed by Jason Bermas, who produced Loose Change (film).
Dice has produced various YouTube videos that have gone viral and received hundreds of thousands of views  and have earned him a mention on ABC's The View, The Fox News Channel, Conan O'Brien, and other shows. In 2010 he shipped a box of garbage to Glenn Beck at the Fox News Channel for what he considered disrespect of the "Truther movement".
The History Channel series Decoded featured Dice, who met with the show's investigators to discuss the Illuminati secret society. The Sundance Channel's show Love/Lust Secret Societies (2011) also features Dice, and he was in the pilot episode of Culture Shock with Mötley Crüe's Tommy Lee, an investigative travel show, but the series was not picked up.
Michael Reagan controversy
In June 2008, Dice launched a campaign urging people to send letters and DVDs to troops stationed in Iraq which support the theory that the 9/11 attacks were an "inside job". “People want the facts. The Marines are hungry for the truth — what got them there [in Iraq], why are they risking their lives — and we’re going to help them understand that,” he told Fox News. "Operation Inform the Soldiers," as Dice has called it, prompted syndicated talk show host Michael Reagan (adopted son of President Ronald Reagan) to comment that Dice should be found and killed for treason. Reagan said on June 10, 2008: "How about you take Mark Dice out and put him in the middle of a firing range. Tie him to a post, don't blindfold him, let it rip and have some fun with Mark Dice." Reagan added that he would pay for the bullets.
Reagan was not punished by his syndicator or the FCC despite a campaign by Dice to have him fired. Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting has asked Radio America to explain whether it permits "its hosts to call for murder on the air."
- The Resistance Manifesto (2005, 2008) 466 pages ISBN 0-9673466-4-9
- THE Book on Dating: Strategies Every Guy Should Know (August 9, 2008)224 pages ISBN 978-1475104080
- The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction (2009) 426 pages ISBN 0-9673466-5-7
- The New World Order: Facts & Fiction (2010) 332 pages ISBN 0-9673466-7-3
- Big Brother: The Orwellian Nightmare Come True (2011) 326 pages ISBN 0-9673466-1-4
- Causing Trouble: High School Pranks, College Craziness, and Moving to California (2012) 254 pages ISBN 0-96734669X
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4412986/bio[unreliable source?]
- Dice, Mark. "The Resistance Manifesto". The Rei. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Carla Hinton (May 9, 2009). "Book Sheds Light on Illuminati". Oklahoman. Historians and scholars agree that the Illuminati organization was created in Bavaria, Germany, in the late 18th century, but there continues to be a debate about whether the group completely disbanded when its sinister plans were discovered by authorities, and its members were exposed more than 200 years ago.
- YouTube (December 13, 2006). "Danny Bonaduce Meets Mark Dice". Mark Dice. A clip of the confrontation shown in The 9/11 Chronicles film.
- YouTube (December 16, 2010). "Mark Dice Cannel". Website. The Mark Dice YouTube page shows view count
- ABC (March 6, 2007). "Girls on the View discuss Mark Dice's YouTube videos". The View. A clip the girls on the View discussing Mark Dice’s YouTube videos
- The Fox News Channel (December 29, 2006). "Danny Bonaduce on the O'Reilly Factor Talking about Mark Dice confrontation". Danny Bonnaduce appears on The O’Reilly Factor to talk about his argument with Mark Dice
- David Weigel (February 22, 2010). "9/11 Conspiracy Theorists Go After Glenn Beck". Writer. Mark Dice, a somewhat well-known 9/11 conspiracy theorists, is launching a campaign against Glenn Beck for his disrespect of the “truther” movement
- The History Channel (December 2010). "Brad Meltzer's Decoded - Episode Guide". History.com. Mark Dice is the guest for the Statue of Liberty episode, originally airing on December 16, 2010 at 10/9c
- IMDB (2011). "IMDB".[unreliable source?]
- SyFy Channel (March 22, 2011). "SyFy Programming Slate".
- New York Post (November 28, 2011). "All Too Real".
- FOXNews.com – Group Plans to Send Letters to Troops in Iraq on How U.S. Government Planned 9/11
- Michael Reagan (June 10, 2008). "Talk Show Host Calls for Murder of Antiwar Activist". Michael Reagan. A clip of the Michael Reagan Show from June 10, 2008
- "Action Alert: Talk Show Host Calls for Murder". Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting. 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2008-06-27.