||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
28 February 1961 |
|Occupation||Actor and television presenter|
|Known for||Gil-galad in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring|
|Height||191 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
Mark Ferguson (born 28 February 1961) is a New Zealand-based Australian actor and television presenter.
Ferguson was born in Sydney, Australia, in family of Scottish ancestry (Ferguson (name) is a Scottish clan). He attended the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) and graduated in 1981. In 1982, he played Paul Shepard in the television series Sons and Daughters, played alongside Michael York in the film The Far Country and starred in The Sinking of the Rainbow Warrior. Between 1992 and 1995, he portrayed twin brothers Darryl and Damian Neilson in the popular New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street and had a stint in the award-winning animation short film "When Ponds Freeze Over".
Ferguson also helped found a production company and an improvisational theatre.
Ferguson had two roles in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings film trilogy. He played Gil-galad, the last High King of the Noldor, but also filmed some scenes as the Witch-king of Angmar. However, the Witch-king material wasn't used in the final production.
In 2001, Ferguson was the New Zealand host of Australian reality television series Big Brother Australia and The Mole, as well as several special episodes of Big Brother Australia 2001 and 2002. Also in 2001 Ferguson played Andrew Couch in the television series Spin Doctors.
- Sons and Daughters (1982) (TV Series) – Paul Sheppard
- A Country Practice (1982) (TV Series) – Phil Shepherd
- The Far Country (1986) (TV) – Harry Peters
- Gloss (1987) (TV)
- The Rainbow Warrior (1992) – Det. Neil Morris
- The Further Adventures Of Black Beauty – (1992) (TV Series) Masters
- Shortland Street (1992–1995) (TV series) – Darryl Neilson
- Marlin Bay (1992) (TV Series) – Gene Toomey
- Hercules in the Underworld (1994) – Hades
- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys Hercules and the Circle of Fire (1994) (TV) – Prometheus
- High Tide (1994) (TV series) – Robert E. Harper
- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys – As Darkness Falls (1994) (TV Episode) – Craesus the Centaur
- Xena: Warrior Princess – Hooves and Harlots (1995) (TV Episode) – Krykus
- Melody Rules (1995) (Sitcom) – Aaron
- Xena: Warrior Princess – Orphan of War (1996) (TV Episode) – Dagnine
- Xena: Warrior Princess – Remember Nothing (1996) (TV Episode) – Krykus
- Every Woman's Dream (1996) (TV movie) – Bank Officer
- Xena: Warrior Princess – The Xena Scrolls (1996) (TV Episode) – John Smythe
- Shortland Street (1998) (TV Series) – Damian Neilson
- Xena: Warrior Princess – Past Imperfect (1999) (TV Episode) – Dagnine
- Above the Law – Happy Families (2000) (TV Episode) – Andie
- Big Brother Australia (2001) – Himself
- The Mole (TV Series) (2001) – Himself
- Big Brother Australia 2002 (2001) – Himself
- Spin Doctors (2001–2003) (TV Series) – Andrew Couch
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) – Gil-galad
- Spooked (2004) – Bill Roberts
- Living the Dream (2004) (TV Series) – The Smarmy Host
- Power Rangers: Mystic Force – (2006) (voice) – Gekkor
- Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive – (2007) (voice) – Moltor
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mark Ferguson.|