Mark Gimenez is an author and lawyer from Texas. He specializes in the thriller genre writing, especially legal thrillers. His first novel, The Color of Law, was a New York Times bestseller. He also runs his own solo law practice.
Gimenez grew up in La Marque, Galveston County, Texas. He studied Political Science at Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, and earned a B.A. with honors. He then attended Notre Dame Law School in Indiana and earned a J.D. degree magna cum laude in 1980.
He practiced law with a large Dallas law firm and became a partner. After ten years, He left to practice solo and to write. He lives outside Fort Worth, Texas with his wife and two sons.
- ^ a b Wansell, Geoffrey (May 5, 2010). "Accused by Mark Gimenez". Daily Mail. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- ^ a b "Hardcover Fiction, for the week ending October 22". The New York Times. November 6, 2005. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- ^ "Author: Mark Gimenez". BookReporter.com. September 7, 2007. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- ^ a b Crawford, Selwyn (December 18, 2005). "Legally brief: Mark Gimenez landed at a big-time law firm right out of school. But his heart wasn't in it.". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- ^ "A literary contender". Bangkok Post. May 8, 2009. Retrieved June 16, 2011.