||This section appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2013)|
|Type||Private limited company|
|Industry||Energy-saving, Insulation, Microgeneration, Renewables|
|Founded||1974 (as Mark Insulations)|
|Headquarters||Leicester, England, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Lee Cottingham (CEO)
Mark Cottingham (Managing Director)
Mark Group Limited is the UK's leading energy saving experts, offering advice and installation for customers looking to take a 'whole home' approach to energy efficiency. With solutions for homeowners, businesses, housebuilders and the construction industry, local authorities and social housing providers, Mark Group enables customers to Lose Less, Use Less and Generate More energy.
Mark Group, or Mark Insulations as it was previously known, started in 1974 as a small family-run business, installing cavity wall and loft insulation in Leicestershire.
The company was overhauled in 2006 and within the space of around 12 months, grew from 400 employees to well over 1,000. The growth was driven by Government policy supporting home insulation and energy saving. It was during this period of rapid growth that Mark Group expanded its services to offer renewable technology options.
On Wednesday June 8, 2011, an article was published in the New York Times reporting on Mark Group's successful growth, specifically focussing on its expansion into the US.
The business has since expanded further and now operates out of three continents, with more than 2,500 employees, installing more than 7,000 energy efficiency products in homes, schools and businesses every week.
In 2013 Mark Group was recognised as the 'Fastest Growing Business' in the UK's Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 Awards.
Mark Group operates out of 17 locations throughout England, Scotland and Wales. Its head office is based in Leicester in the East Midlands, where approximately 500 of its staff operate. From these bases it delivers around 7,000 energy saving measures to properties every week.
Mark Group advises on and installs energy-saving products, including: cavity wall and loft insulation, solid wall insulation, solar electric, solar hot water and air source heat pumps. By partnering with major utility companies and leading manufacturers, Mark Group is able to offer the latest technologies to customers.
The purpose-built facility, in Leicester, contains practice models of every type of wall, roof and interior that installers might come across when working on domestic properties. Training courses run throughout the year covering everything from installation techniques and customer service, to specialist surveyor courses and assessments for microgeneration. The 1,000th Academy graduate was congratulated by Minister for Energy and Climate Change, Greg Barker in June 2010.
HeatSeekers was launched in Autumn 2008 by Energy Saving Partnership - a sister company to Mark Group. It gathers thermal images of homes showing where heat is being lost, therefore identifying where insulation could be usefully installed. HeatSeekers works with the agreement of local authorities to image houses and its vehicles can gather up to 1,000 images every hour. 
Mark Group has featured on both BBC and ITV providing comment for features which have focussed on energy-efficiency. The BBC's 'Low Carbon Family' broadcast in 2007  where Mark Group helped make the Hawksworth family home in Leicestershire more energy-efficient. In 2010, Mark Group featured on ITV's Tonight Show: ‘Money to Burn’, looking at how consumers could fight back against the rising cost of energy bills, following what was quoted as the 'coldest winter for decades.
Mark Group is well-known for its aggressive sales technique, with consumers receiving daily phone calls offering their products
Corporate Social Responsibility
Mark Group sponsors Leicester Tigers RFC’s Community Programme  encouraging young people to get involved in the sport. Mark Group has been supporting The Prince’s Trust since 2008 and in January 2013 became the charity’s first Gold Patron in the East Midlands, working to help young people locally to have a brighter future.
Mark Group Australia
Mark Group opened a base in Sydney, Australia in 2009. Mark Group Australia mirrors UK operations, but offers ceiling insulation, solar hot water, solar power and roof ventilation as energy-saving solutions, suited to local environmental conditions. In 2012, Mark Group became the largest physical installer of solar power in Australia.
Mark Group North America
Mark Group continued its international growth in late 2010 with the opening of new North American headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The opening was announced by Pennsylvania State Governor, Ed Rendell and Philadelphia Mayor, Michael Nutter. The North American operation is being headed up by President and CEO, Jeff Bartos. Dave Hopkins is Chief Operating Officer.
Right House, New Zealand
In July, 2011, Mark Group announced its acquisition of New Zealand energy saving business, Right House. The business was acquired from electricity generator, Meridian Energy. Through the acquisition, it was stated that all of Right House's employees and operational bases would be retained and Hamish Sisson would remain as chief executive officer.
- "Mark Insulations Appoints New Chairman" (Press release). Building Talk. 2005-07-27.
- "Clean Energy Cash Back Scheme - is it for real?". Leicester Mercury. 2010-03-03.
- "Free solar panel schemes explained". 2010-08-20.
- "U.S. Is Falling Behind in the Business of ‘Green’". New York Times. 2011-06-08.
- "Britain's Private Companies with the Fastest Growing International Sales Revealed". (Press Release) Fast Track 200. 2013-07-07.
- "Lee Cottingham and family". The Sunday Times. 2010-03-16.
- "Mark Group becomes a Kingspan Solar Accredited Installer" (Press release). Building Talk. 2010-02-16.
- "Mark Group new academy for renewables technicians" (Press release). Building Talk. 2007-11-27.
- "Insulation company Mark Group runs an environmental training academy in Leicester". Sky News. 2009-02-11.
- "House of Commons - approx 4mins 10 seconds into broadcast". www.parliament.uk. 2010-06-30.
- "Mark Group and HeatSeekers presentation to local authorities". YouTube. 2009-02-04.
- "Detectors put the heat on badly insulated Leeds homes". Yorkshire Evening Post. 2010-03-10.
- "HeatSeekers return to Traffod" (Press release). Trafford Council. 2010-07-15.
- "HeatSeekers to help boost energy efficiency in home" (Press release). Herefordshire Council. 2009-09-29.
- "Low carb family: Insulation - Related internet links: Mark Group". BBC. 2007-03-16.
- "Tonight: Money to Burn". ITV. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Mark Group Backs Tigers Community Programmes" (Press release). Leicester Tigers. 2009-09-22.
- "MARK GROUP'S RIDE ACROSS BRITAIN" (Press release). The Prince's Trust. June 2013.
- "Mark Group Australia offers professional insulation and energy solutions" (Press release). Infolink. 2009-11-16.
- "UK’s biggest insulation firm now in Australia". FM Magazine. 2009-11-13.
- "Home-energy firm to locate at Navy Yard". The Philadelphia Inquirer. 2010-10-22.
- "People in the News". The Philadelphia Inquirer. 2010-11-08.
- "Mark Group powers up with New Zealand buy". Insider Media. 2011-07-04.