Mark Hardy (baseball)
Winnipeg Goldeyes – No. 26
May 3, 1988 |
Campbell River, British Columbia
|Competitor for Canada|
|Baseball World Cup|
|Bronze||2011 Panama City||National team|
|Pan American Games|
|Gold||2011 Guadalajara||National team|
Mark R. Hardy (born May 3, 1988) is a Canadian professional baseball pitcher in the minor league baseball organization of the San Diego Padres of Major League Baseball. Prior to beginning his professional career, he played college baseball at the University of British Columbia. Hardy has also competed for the Canadian national baseball team.
Hardy enrolled at the University of British Columbia (UBC), where he played college baseball for the UBC Thunderbirds baseball team, competing in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. Hardy had a 17-3 win–loss record in his junior and senior seasons at UBC. He played collegiate summer baseball for the Okotoks Dawgs in the Western Major Baseball League.
The San Diego Padres selected Hardy in the 43rd round (1,294th overall) of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft. He received a $1,000 signing bonus and a plane ticket upon signing. In 2010, Hardy played for the Arizona League Padres of the Rookie-level Arizona League, the Eugene Emeralds of the Class-A Short Season Northwest League, and the Lake Elsinore Storm of the Class-A Advanced California League. In 2011, he pitched for the Fort Wayne TinCaps of the Class-A Midwest League.
Hardy has played for the Canadian national baseball team. He appeared in the 2008 World University Baseball Championship, winning the earned run average (ERA) award, with a 0.00 ERA in round-robin play. In 2011, he participated in the Baseball World Cup, winning the bronze medal, and the Pan American Games, winning the gold medal.
- 43rd-round pick Hardy making Padres take notice | UTSanDiego.com
- Dawgs ace shines at global showcase
- Clarke, James (September 2, 2011). "Former Royals making their mark in the pro leagues". Parksville Qualicum Beach News. Retrieved March 9, 2012.
- CSTV.com: #1 in College Sports
- Canada beats US to win gold at Pan American Games | UTSanDiego.com
- Canada golden on baseball's world stage | Bob Elliott | Columnists | Sports | London Free Press