Mark Harris (musician)
Mark Harris is an American CCM singer and songwriter.
Harris is a founding member of the CCM vocal group, 4Him, which toured and recorded from 1990 to 2006. As a member of 4Him, he won 8 GMA Dove Awards and wrote/co-wrote 25 number one songs. They were also nominated for a Grammy award, for their album titled "The Message". He began a solo career in 2005 and released his debut solo record, "The Line Between the Two". He followed with a sophomore effort in 2007, titled "Windows and Walls". He won a GMA Dove Award in the category of Inspirational Song of the Year for his single "Find Your Wings". In 2009, He released a Christmas album titled, Christmas Is. In 2011 he released his 4th solo project, "Stronger in the Broken Places". As a solo artist he has had 3 number one songs to date. He also released a book with Howard Publishing/Simon and Schuster in 2009, that bears the same name as his Radio Hit, "Find Your Wings".
Harris joined the staff at Gateway Church in Southlake, TX. in 2013, and is now serving as an Associate Worship Pastor/Artist in Residence.
His official website is Mark Harris Online.
- The Line Between the Two (Sony Records, 2005) U.S. Christian #14, U.S. Heatseekers #11 His single from this album "Find Your Wings" went to #1 on R&R Adult Contemporary Charts
- Windows and Walls (INO Records, 2007) U.S. Christian #22, U.S. Heatseekers #19 His second single went #1 titled One True God
- Christmas Is (INO Records), 2009) inclued his Christmas Classic "A Strange Way to Save the World"
- Stronger in the Broken Places (Stylos/Word/Warner Brothers, Oct. 2011) - the title cut went to #1 on CCM worship chart, November 3, 2011.
- The single When We're Together (Sony Music Entertainment) was prominent in the movie Courageous, 2011.
- 25 number one songs
- 8 GMA Dove awards
- 4him and Michael English 1991-1992
- The Ride Tour 1993-1995 with special guest Kathy Troccolli and Clay Crosse
- 4Him and Point of Grace Tour 1996-1998
- 4Him and Jaci Velasquez 1999
- The Young Messiah Tour 1995, 1996, 1997
- Freedom Blast Tour 2000, 2001
- Billboard, Allmusic.com