Re-issue cover: On Turning to Dust
Mark Heard is the title of the first solo album by Mark Heard, originally released in 1975, and re-released as On Turning to Dust on both AB Records and Solid Rock Records in 1978.
A limited edition CDR reissue of the original Mark Heard album was released to fans in 1998 through Fingerprint Records.
All songs written by Mark Heard, except "Cabin in Gloryland" by O. A. Parris, writer /Cpl. Curtis Stewart. "Greensleeves interlude" is a 16th-century English melody. "There is a Fountain" is an early American melody, words by William Cowper, 1771. "Passion Chorale" is by Hans Leo Hassler, 1601; harmony by J. S. Bach, 1729, words by Bernard of Clairvaux, 11th century. "Dinner at Grandma's" - by Mark Heard, Pat Terry, Jeff Vansant, Wayne King.
- "On Turning to Dust"
- "Dinner at Grandma's"
- "Cabin in Gloryland"
- "A Friend"
- "Solid Rock"
- "To Diane"
- "Interlude (Traditional: Greensleeves & There Is A Fountain)"
- "The Road"
- "Interlude (Traditional: Passion Chorale)"
- Mark Heard: guitars, vocals, piano, synthesizer and hambone
- Earl Grigsby: bass guitar
- Frank Godby: banjo
- John Heinrich: pedal steel guitar
- Chuck Long: sandblocks
- Jim Pennington: percussion
- Strings arranged by Dave Aldrich and performed by the Lamay String Quartet