Mark Hodder is an English steampunk author, since 2008 living in Spain. His steampunk tetralogy Burton & Swinburne opened with The Strange Affair of Spring-Heeled Jack which went on to win the 2010 Philip K. Dick Award. The following two novels The Curious Case of the Clockwork-Man and Expedition to the Mountains of the Moon were released in 2011 and 2012 respectively to wide acclaim from fans of the genre, with Expedition to the Mountains of the Moon and The Secret of Abdu El Yezdi nominated for a Sidewise Award. A Red Sun Also Rises, was released in December, 2012. His most recent novel is also part of the Burton & Swinburne series and is called The Secret of Abdu El Yezdi. Next novel in the Burton & Swinburne series will be called The Return of the Discontinued Man and will be released in 2014.
- Burton & Swinburne series
- A Red Sun Also Rises. Pyr. 2012. ISBN 978-1-61614-694-8.
- "2010 Philip K. Dick Award Nominees Announced". Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- "Mark Hodder". Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- Sidewise Award Nominees, SF Site News, July 1, 2013.
- "2014 Sidewise Award Finalists". Locus. 2014-06-06. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- "A Red Sun Also Rises". Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "The Secret of Abdu El Yezdi". Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Mark Hodder - The Return of the Discontinued Man cover art and synopsis". Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Burton & Swinburne series listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Mark Hodder at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Hodder's website dedicated to Sexton Blake
- Hodder's blog
- Hodder's Twitter account
|This article about a science fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|