||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (November 2010)|
Oklahoma, United States
Mark Holton is an American actor.
Holton's most famous roles may be that of Francis Buxton, Pee-Wee Herman's nemesis, in the 1985 blockbuster Pee-wee's Big Adventure, and Joe Charbonic in Bille August's Convicted, starring Connie Nielsen and Aidan Quinn. Other notable 1980s roles were as Chubby in Teen Wolf and Teen Wolf Too. The 1990s found another main role awarded to Holton, as Ozzie in the first Leprechaun horror film with Jennifer Aniston. In 2003, Holton was awarded his first starring role: that of real-life serial killer John Wayne Gacy in Gacy. His most well-known minor role may be that of the adult version of the bratty Stillwell in the closing scenes of 1992's A League of Their Own.
Holton has also appeared in minor or cameo roles in such films as The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (in which he uttered the memorable line, "Hey, it's Enrico Palazzo!") with Leslie Nielsen, My Life with Michael Keaton, Little Giants (his next sports movie after A League of Their Own, as Zolteck's dad) with Rick Moranis, and the 2000 live-action film adaptation of The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle with Robert De Niro.
As of 2005, Holton has never appeared as a regular cast member of any television show. Nevertheless, he can be seen in episodes of The Young and the Restless, Seinfeld, MacGyver, Sledge Hammer!, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, NCIS and NYPD Blue. He can also be seen making a cameo appearance in The Ramones' video for "Something To Believe In".
- 1985 - Pee-wee's Big Adventure - Francis Buxton
- 1985 - Teen Wolf - Chubby
- 1986 - Modern Girls - Boss
- 1987 - Teen Wolf Too - Chubby
- 1988 - The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! - Spectator #1
- 1992 - A League of Their Own - Older Stilwell
- 1993 - Leprechaun - Ozzie Jones
- 1993 - My Life - Sam
- 1994 - Little Giants - Mr. Zolteck
- 2000 - The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle - FBI Agent Potato
- 2003 - Gacy - John Wayne Gacy
- 2004 - Return to Sender - Joe Charbonic
- Barsanti, Chris (2010) Filmology: A Movie-A-Day Guide to the Movies You Need to Know, Adams Media Corporation, ISBN 978-1-4405-0753-3, p. 256