|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
Lumberjack Mordam Distribution
Mark Hosler is an American musician who is a founding member of the sound art collective Negativland.
He was the keynote speaker at the 2004 Allied Media Conference, spoke at the Regional Conference to End Corporate Dominance in Portland, Oregon, at the Conference On The Public Domain at Duke University, as part of alternative events during the Republican National Convention in Philadelphia, and at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in 2008.
Negativland's 2008 release, Thigmotactic, was a work of more traditional song-writing, primarily written by Hosler.
He has lectured at the universities of Arizona, Chapel Hill, Georgia, Houston, Oregon, Rice University, Tennessee, and Virginia, as well as at MIT, Yale, New York University, Seattle University School of Law, Cranbrook Academy of Art, and in cities including Washington, D.C., New York City, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Toronto, Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Honolulu, and Melbourne, Australia.
- "Negativland". All Music Guide. 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Davenport, William; F., Tamara (1985). "Negativland: No Other Possibility". Unsound (San Francisco) 2 (2): 15–19. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Mark Hosler". LinkedIn. 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "A walk in Asheville with Negativland". activefreemedia.com. 6 April 2005. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Mark Hosler". Evil Twin Booking.