Mark L. Grover
Grover was born in Malad, Idaho and is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). He served as a Mormon missionary in Brazil. He has a Ph.D. in Brazilian History from Indiana University.
Grover is the author of several books related to the LDS Church and Brazil and at times focusing more broadly on Latin America and religion in general. He has compiled multiple bibliographies related to the LDS Church in Latin America and Mexican-Americans in Utah.
- Dahlin, Therrin C.; Gary P. Gillum, Mark L. Grover (1981). The Catholic Left in Latin America: A Comprehensive Bibliography. Boston, Massachusetts: G. K. Hall. ISBN 0-8161-8396-1.
- Martins, Helvécio; Grover, Mark L. (1994). The Autobiography of Elder Helvécio Martins. Salt Lake City, Utah: Aspen Books. ISBN 1-56236-218-6.
- Grover, Mark L., ed. (1999). Religion and Latin America in the Twenty-First Century: Libraries Reacting to Social Change. 42nd Annual Meeting of the Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials. Austin: SALALM Secretariat, Benson Latin American Collection, The General Libraries, University of Texas at Austin. ISBN 0-917617-59-2.
- —— (2008). A Land of Promise and Prophecy: Elder A. Theodore Tuttle in South America, 1960-1965. Provo, Utah: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University. ISBN 0-8425-2713-3.
- Grover, Mark L. (Autumn 1984). "Religious Accommodation in the Land of Racial Democracy: Mormon Priesthood and Black Brazilians". Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 17 (3): 23–34.
- —— (1989). "The Mormon Church and German Immigrants in Southern Brazil: Religion and Language". Jahrbuch für Geschichte von Staat, Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft Lateinamerikas 26: 295–308.
- —— (Spring 1990). "The Mormon Priesthood Revelation and the São Paulo, Brazil Temple". Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 23 (1): 39–53.
- —— (Winter 1994). "Relief Society and Church Welfare: The Brazilian Experience". Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 27 (4): 29–38.
- —— (Fall 1996). "Execution in Mexico: The Death of Rafael Monroy and Vicente Morales". BYU Studies 35 (3): 6–28.
- —— (1997). "Milton and Irene Soares: Mormon Pioneers of Northeastern Brazil". In Bruce A. Van Orden, et al. Pioneers in Every Land: Inspirational Stories of International Pioneers Past and Present. Salt Lake City, Utah: Bookcraft. ISBN 1-57008-306-1.
- Palmer, A. Delbert; Grover, Mark L. (1999). "Hoping to Establish a Presence: Parley P. Pratt's 1851 Mission to Chile". BYU Studies 38 (4): 115–138.
- Grover, Mark L. (2000). "The Miracle of the Rose and the Oak in Latin America". Out of Obscurity: The Church in the Twentieth Century. Sydney B. Sperry Symposium. Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Book. pp. 138–150. ISBN 1-57345-842-2.
- —— (Summer 2005). "The Maturing of the Oak: The Dynamics of LDS Growth in Latin America". Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought 38 (2): 79–104.
- Grover, Mark L. (1977). The Mormon Church in Latin America: A Periodical Index (1830-1976). Provo, Utah: Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University.
- —— (1985), Mormonism in Brazil: Religion and Dependency in Latin America (Ph.D. thesisIndiana University), Department of History,
- —— (2002). "One Convert at a Time" (Speech given August 7, 2001). Brigham Young University 2001-2002 Speeches. Provo, Utah: BYU Publications & Graphics. pp. 79–87.
- —— (2002). "The LDS Church in Latin America: A Bibliography". Provo, Utah: Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University.
- "Mormonism in Brazil : religion and dependency in Latin America / Mark L....". Copyright Catalog (1978 to present). United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
- Ronald W. Walker et al., Mormon History, p. 258-259
- Dustjacket bio connected with autobiography of Elder Helvécio Martins
- blog entry by Holzapfel about Grover's book
- Mark L. Grover at the MLCA Database
- Works by or about Mark L. Grover in libraries (WorldCat catalog)