||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2009)|
Mark Magrs (pronounced "Mars"; born 1973 in the North East of England) is an award winning radio producer, magazine editor and secondary school teacher. Following a serious assault by a pupil, http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local-news/youth-s-attack-on-teacher-1-1239971 Mark's teaching career came to a premature close.
He is the author of various fiction and non-fiction works. His first non-fiction book, Too Much Information (Chipmunka 2008) is an autobiographical account of living with mental illness. He has written one novel aimed at teenagers and young adults, Looking For Atlantis (2009).
In 2008 Mark was awarded The New Writing North 'Northern Promise' Award for a children's book that he was developing (later published as Looking For Atlantis). An excerpt from this book was published in the New Writing North 'Ten Years On' Anthology in Autumn 2008.
He wrote the Big Finish audio production Iris Wildthyme and the Panda Invasion, which was released in 2009.
Mark also contributed to an article in the Times Education Supplement in 2009 - 'Headmaster, I'm Bi-polar'.
Mark is the brother of the author Paul Magrs.
- Looking For Atlantis (2009)
- "Moving the River" (2008, in New Writing North's 'Ten Years On' Anthology)
- Too Much Information (2008)
- The Voice - Internet Magazine for voice-overs. Isdnvoice.com (1998-06-06). Retrieved on 2010-08-24.
- Author hopes book will inspire readers' fight with mental illness. Shields Gazette, 1 July 2008. Retrieved on 2010-08-24.
- Too Much Information Products Name: Too Much Information Products Model: paperback Price: £12.00 [paperback] - £12.00 : Chipmunkapublishing.co.uk, Chipmunkapublishing.co.uk online shop. Chipmunkapublishing.co.uk (2008-06-20). Retrieved on 2010-08-24.
- Awards. Newwritingnorth.com. Retrieved on 2010-08-24.
- Nick Morrison (10 July 2009). 'Headmaster, I'm Bi-polar', TES Magazine.