Mark Matejka Performing With Lynyrd Skynyrd at Brixton Academy 31/05/09
|Birth name||Mark Matejka|
|Genres||Southern rock, hard rock, blues-rock|
|Associated acts||Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hot Apple Pie, Charlie Daniels Band|
Mark "Sparky" Matejka (Born January 2 in Houston, Texas) is an American Southern rock guitarist. He is probably best known as a guitarist in Lynyrd Skynyrd. He joined the band in 2006, replacing Hughie Thomasson who had left to reform Outlaws. He first played with Skynyrd on their Christmas Time Again album in 2000 and was credited with guitar and vocals.
Mark graduated from James E. Taylor High School, in Katy, TX
- Jordan, Mark (June 2, 2006). "Rock's survivors play on: Tragedies take toll on Skynyrd but heart of music still beats", The Commercial Appeal, p. G22.
- North, Peter (August 4, 2006). "Hot Apple Pie warms to challenge on outdoor saloon's stage", Edmonton Journal, p. A15.
- Campell, Dan (June 5, 2006). "Skynyrd plays Wolf Trap: Dedicates 'Red, White, Blue' to military past and present", Washington Times, p. B5.
- Bream, Jon (June 9, 2006). "Why, it's Lynyrd Skynyrd's Southern rock, infiltrating the country-music scene", Star Tribune, p. F4.
- Boehm, Mike (April 29, 1998). "Twin Engines: The Talented Kinley Sisters Are Prepared for Takeoff: Now They Need to Tap Some Star Power", Los Angeles Times, p. 2.