Mark Murray (administrator)
Mark Andrew Murray (born July 5, 1954) is president of the Meijer chain of stores, based in Michigan. He was the third president of Michigan's Grand Valley State University, serving from 2001 to 2006.
Prior to his tenure at Grand Valley, he served in Michigan state government. His positions were: treasurer, budget director, director of the Department of Management and Budget, acting director of the Family Independence Agency, and Special Policy Advisor to the Governor in K-12 education, directed the Merit Scholarship Award program.
He was also Vice President of Finance and Administration at Michigan State University and member of the Board of Education in the City of Detroit. His name had been floated as a potential candidate for Governor of Michigan in 2010, but his spokesman denied Murray was interested. In 2013, Murray joined the advisory board of Blackford Capital's Michigan Prosperity Fund. 
- Marquis Who's Who on the Web
- "Mark A. Murray President Meijer, Inc.". University Research Corridor. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Former GVSU Presidents". Grand Valley State University. July 20, 2009. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Spokesman for Mark Murray says Meijer president is not interested in running for governor". Grand Rapids, MI: The Grand Rapids Press. January 9, 2009. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Former Michigan Governor Joins Michigan Prosperity Fund Advisory Board". DowJones.com. August 28, 2013. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
Arend D. Lubbers
|President of Grand Valley State University
Thomas J. Haas