From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Contributions that Naimark is known for include
- the Gelfand–Naimark theorem on the reprentation of C*-algebras by bounded operators,
- the Gelfand–Naimark–Segal construction establishing a correspondence between cyclic *-representations and linear functionals, and
- the representation theory of the complex classical Lie groups.
- Unitary representations of the classical group (with I. M. Gelfand, 1950)
- Linear Differential operators, 1954
- Normed Rings, 1956
- Linear Representations of the Lorentz Group, 1958
- Theory of Group Representations, 1974
(all the above books were written in Russian)
- Mark Naimark at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- O'Connor, John J.; Robertson, Edmund F., "Mark Naimark", MacTutor History of Mathematics archive, University of St Andrews.
|This article about a Russian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|