New Line Cinema
During 20 years at New Line Cinema (and prior to that Republic Pictures), Mark Ordesky acquired or executive produced over 60 films, including New Line's first Best Picture Oscar nominee (Shine), its first major-category Oscar winner (Geoffrey Rush, Best Actor, Shine), and its first Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival (Lars von Trier's Dancer In The Dark).
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
While at New Line, Ordesky executive produced the entire The Lord of the Rings film trilogy. The final film of the trilogy, The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King, made history by winning every Academy Award (Oscar) for which it was nominated.
Fine Line Features
During a five-year stint as President of Fine Line Features (a specialty films division of New Line), Mark acquired acclaimed films such as Once Were Warriors, Saving Grace and State and Main, as well as Oscar nominees Before Night Falls, Tumbleweeds, The Sweet Hereafter and American Splendor.
Ordesky is a founding partner with former New Line Cinema executive Jane Fleming of Court Five, a media company focused on developing and converting intellectual property and brands into filmed entertainment for distribution worldwide.
Ordesky was born in Sacramento County, California. In 1985, Ordesky graduated from the USC Annenberg School for Communication with a degree in print journalism. He was editor of the university newspaper, the Daily Trojan, and a member of the Chi Phi Fraternity. In 2008, he was honored with Chi Phi's Walter Cronkite Congressional Award.
Ordesky supports the Anti-Defamation League as a regional board member and through its Entertainment Industry Committee. He is also a board member of the American Cinematheque, and a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the Producers Guild of America and the Television Academy.
- Critters 3 (1991): Associate producer
- Critters 4 (1991): Associate producer
- Sunset Grill (1993): Executive producer
- The Hidden II (1994): Executive producer
- Mother Night (film) (1996): Executive producer
- Mr. Nice Guy (1997): Production Executive
- Pecker (1998): Executive producer
- Roseanna's Grave (1998): Executive producer
- State and Main (2000): Co-producer
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001): Executive producer
- Ripley's Game (2002): Executive producer
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002): Executive producer
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003): Executive producer
- The Sleeping Dictionary (2003): Executive producer
- A Dirty Shame (2004): Executive producer
- Birth (2004): Executive producer
- The New World (2005): Executive producer
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006): Executive producer
- The Golden Compass (2007): Executive producer
- Inkheart (2008): Executive producer
- Paris Connections (2010): Executive Producer
- The Long, Slow Death Of A Twenty Something (2011): Co-Executive Producer
- Tiger Eyes (film) (2012): Producer
- Lovely Molly (2012): Producer
- The Frozen Ground (2013): Producer
- Exists (film) (2014): Producer
- The Murders Of Brandywine Theater (2014): Executive Producer
- The Quest (2014 TV series): Executive Producer
- Poison Ivy: The New Seduction (1997): Special thanks
- Man of the Century (1999): Thanks
- The Anniversary Party (2001): Special Thanks
- Searching For Angela Shelton (2004): Very Special Thanks
SECOND UNIT DIRECTING
- The Long and Short of It (2003): Second unit director
- Mark Ordesky at the Internet Movie Database
- Middle-earth News
- American Cinematheque
- Court Five
- Chi Phi Fraternity