|The Rt Revd
|Bishop of Shrewsbury|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Lichfield|
|Installed||2 November 2009|
|Predecessor||Rt Revd Alan Smith|
|Consecration||28 October 2009|
|Born||11 July 1961|
|Residence||Athlone House, Shrewsbury|
|Parents||Revd Canon Thomas Rylands (father)|
|Spouse||Revd Prebendary Amanda|
|Children||1 daughter & 1 son: Frances & Samuel|
|Alma mater||Hild Bede, Durham|
He was born on 11 July 1961, the son of Canon Thomas Michael Rylands, sometime Vicar of Wilton and Rural Dean of Malpas. He was educated at the College of St Hild and St Bede and Trinity College, Bristol. He was ordained in 1988 and began his career with a curacy at St George's, Stockport. He was then Vicar of Acton and Worleston, Cheshire and from 1997 to 2002 Team Rector for Langport, Somerset. Since then until his elevation to the Episcopate he has been Diocesan Missioner and a Canon Residentiary at Exeter Cathedral.
His wife Amanda is also a priest and they have two adult children, Frances and Samuel.
- Mark Rylands Esq (1961–1988)
- The Revd Mark Rylands (1988–2002)
- The Revd Canon Mark Rylands (2002–2009)
- The Rt Revd Mark Rylands (2009—)
- "Official announcement: Suffragan See of Shrewsbury". Number10.gov.uk. 4 August 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- Diocese of Lichfield — Hear Ye: Town Crier invites shoppers to “pull up a pew” with bishop
- Diocese of Lichfield — Bishop of Shrewsbury
- "thePeerage.com". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "'Making disciples' is main task". BBC Shropshire. 5 August 2009. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Crockford's 2008-09 Lambeth, Church House, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- "St George’s with St Gabriel’s, Stockport". Stgeorgestockport.org.uk. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "Rural evangelist chosen as Bishop of Shrewsbury". Diocese of Lichfield. 4 August 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "Shrewsbury's new bishop announced". BBC News. 4 August 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Shrewsbury
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|