|Place of birth||United States|
|1979-1982||Appalachian State Mountaineers|
|1984||Fort Lauderdale Sun||24||(13)|
|1985||South Florida Sun||5||(3)|
|1988-1989||Fort Lauderdale Strikers||?||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
In 1979, Schwartz graduated from Miramar High School where he was a star soccer player. During his three high school seasons, he scored 104 goals. He then attended Appalachian State University where he played on the men's soccer team. He graduated in 1982 and was inducted into the school's Athletic Hall of Fame in 2005. In 1984, Schwartz turned professional Fort Lauderdale Sun of the United Soccer League. He was the Rookie of the Year and playoff MVP. In the fall of 1984, Schwartz had an unsuccessful trial with the Dallas Sidekicks of the Major Indoor Soccer League. He then returned to Florida where he coached the Hollywood Hills High School girls team and played for the amateur Lowenbrau Lions of the Gold Coast Soccer League's First Division. In 1985, the Sun moved and changed their name to the South Florida Sun. The team and the league collapsed six games into the season. Schwartz then worked as a carpenter, coached Hollywood High and played for the Lowenbrau Lions. In 1986, Andrew College hired Schwartz took start a women's soccer team at the college. In 1986, he played for the Houston Dynamos. In March 1988, he signed with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the American Soccer League. He then started the Strikers first game of the 1989 season, but didn't play after that. He asked for and was granted his release from the team in May.
- USL Rookie of the Year: 1984
- USL Playoff MVP: 1984
- Apalachian State Hall of Fame
- SUN SIGNS THREE PLAYERS, INCLUDING EX-MIRAMAR STAR Miami Herald, The (FL) - Wednesday, May 2, 1984
- The Year in American Soccer - 1984
- SUN'S SCHWARTZ TO COACH HILLS Miami Herald, The (FL) - Saturday, October 13, 1984
- The Year in American Soccer - 1985
- SUN'S PLAYERS SPLIT PROFITS, THEN SIMPLY SPLIT Miami Herald, The (FL) - Saturday, July 6, 1985
- SCHWARTZ ON PROWL FOR WOMEN WHO WANT KICKS Sun-Sentinel - Wednesday, April 2, 1986
- All-Stars defeat the Dynamos in finale 5-2 Houston Chronicle - Thursday, July 3, 1986
- STRIKERS II SIGN HUDSON, FOGARTY Miami Herald, The (FL) - Thursday, March 31, 1988
- 1988 Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- STRIKERS LOOKING FOR CHEMISTRY Sun-Sentinel - Tuesday, May 16, 1989