|This article relies on references to primary sources. (December 2010)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
Mark Stemmler was born on August 7, 1960 in Norwood, Massachusetts, USA. He was Professor of Psychological Methodology and Quality Assurance at the Faculty of Psychology and Sports Science, Bielefeld University from 2007 till 2011. He was also member of the Center for Statistics (Zentrum für Statistik) at Bielefeld University. Currently he is Professor of Psychological Assessment at the Department of Psychology and Sports Science at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. Since 2010 he is also Adjunct Professor at the College of Health and Human Development at the Pennsylvania State University.
Furthermore, he was dean of the Faculty of Psychology and Sports Science, Bielefeld University. He is the speaker of the section "Methods and Evaluation" of the German Psychological Society. In his research he combines statistical-methodological and developmental-psychological issues. Thus he cooperated in several psychological longitudinal studies in Germany and the USA. At the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg he coordinated the project “Development and Stimulation of Development”, a combined prevention and longitudinal study financed by the BMFSFJ (Lösel, Beelmann, Jaursch, Koglin, & Stemmler, 2005). He was also responsible for the evaluation and quality assurance of the practical interventions (training of parents and children) of this study. He is a jury member of the MA theses award of the Section Methods and Evaluation at the German Psychological Society (since 2005) and also a member of the academic advisory board of the journal Empirische Sonderpädagogik (since 2009).
- Application for research on Support of parenting and social skills in families: A combined prevention and development study on disorders in social behavior patterns (BMFSFJ)
- Extension application to continue and extend the research project Support of parenting and social skills in families (BMFSFJ, 2003–2005)
- with A. von Eye. 2012. Special topic: Configural Frequency Analysis (CFA) and other non-parametrical statistical methods – Part I. Psychological Test and Assessment Modeling, Volume 54.
- with T. Bliesener, and A. Beelmann. 2012. Antisocial Behavior and Crime. Cambridge: Hogrefe Publishing.
- with S. Jaursch, F. Lösel, and A. Beelmann. 2009. Inkonsistenz im Erziehungsverhalten zwischen Müttern und Vätern und Verhaltensprobleme des Kindes [Inconsistency in the parenting of mother and father and behavior problems of the child]. Psychologie in Erziehung und Unterricht 56: 172–186.
- with S. Hacker. 2009. Förderung bei externalisierenden Problemen: Aggression [Support in case of externalizing problems: Aggression]. In Psychologische Förder- und Interventionsprogramme für das Kindes- und Jugendalter, eds. A. Lohaus and H. Dombsch, 3–17. Berlin: Springer Verlag.
- with F. Lösel, S. Jaursch, and A. Beelmann. 2009. Universal prevention of antisocial development: Short- and long-term effects of a family-oriented program. Special Issue: Developmental Criminology. Monatsschrift für Kriminologie und Strafrechtsreform.
- with F. Lösel, A. Beelmann, and S. Jaursch. 2008. A Configural Perspective on the Stability of Externalizing Problem Behavior in Children: Results from the Erlangen-Nuremberg Development and Prevention Study. In Configural Frequency Analysis and other Non-Parametrical Methods: A Gustav A. Lienert Memorial Issue, eds. M. Stemmler, E. Lautsch, and D. Martinke, 70–83. Lengerich: Pabst Publishing Company.
- with E. Lautsch, and D. Martinke, eds. 2008. Configural Frequency Analysis and other Non-Parametrical Methods: A Gustav A. Lienert Memorial Issue. Lengerich: Pabst.
- with A. Beelmann, S. Jaursch, and F. Lösel. 2007. Improving the Family Environment to Prevent Child Behavior Problems: A Study on the Parent Training of the EFFEKT Program. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health 210: 563–570.
- with A. Beelmann, F. Lösel, and S. Jaursch. 2007. Zur Entwicklung externalisierender Verhaltensprobleme im Übergang vom Vor- zum Grundschulalter [On the development of externalizing behavior problems at the transition from pre- to elementary school]. Kindheit und Entwicklung 16(4): 229–239.
- with F. Lösel, A. Beelmann, and S. Jaursch. 2006. Prävention von Problemen des Sozialverhaltens im Vorschulalter: Evaluation des Eltern- und Kindertrainings EFFEKT [Prevention of problematic social behavior at pre-school age. Evaluation of the parent-child-training EFFEKT]. Zeitschrift für Klinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie 35(2): 127–139.
- with A. Beelmann, and F. Lösel. 2006. Beurteilung von sozialen Verhaltensproblemen und Erziehungsschwierigkeiten im Vorschulalter [Assessing social behavior problems and parenting difficulties at pre-school age]. Diagnostica 52(4): 189–198.
- with A. C. Petersen. 2005. Gender differential influences of early adolescent risk factors for the development of depressive affect. Journal of Youth and Adolescence 34(3): 175–183.