|Known for||Author and founder of the Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine|
Mark Stengler, NMD is a licensed naturopathic doctor, author and founder of the Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine in Encinitas, CA. Known as "America's Natural Doctor", he has been featured as a medical expert on FOX, NBC, and CBS. As of February, 2012, he also hosts his own weekly television show on PBS called, "Natural Healing with. Mark Stengler". In addition to his television show, he writes a monthly newsletter called Health Revelations to share his views and experiences with numerous natural health treatments and topics. He is a member of the American College for Advancement in Medicine.
Stengler completed his pre-medical studies at Mt. Royal College and the University of Calgary. He received his graduate level training in naturopathic medicine at the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon, a four year doctorate program. He also has a Master of Religious Studies degree from Southern California Seminary. He advocates natural therapies whenever possible but also is a supporter of conventional testing methods.
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- Board certified in Integrative Medicine
- Certification Intravenous Nutrient Therapy
- Certification of Homeotherapeutics at the National College of Natural Medicine
- Oriental medicine training at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland
Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine
Stengler combines his knowledge of conventional and natural medicine to treat patients at his clinic, The Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine in Encinitas, California.
Television and other appearances
Each week, Stengler hosts his own show on PBS called, Natural Healing with Mark Stengler. The show covers a variety of topics, focusing on today’s biggest health concerns – from arthritis and cancer to diabetes and memory loss.
Stengler was also featured in a PBS fundraiser, A to Z Guide to Healing Yourself as well as two PBS documentaries on natural medicine, 7 Steps to Perfect Health and Supercharge your Immune System.
Stengler has written numerous books[quantify] on a variety of subjects drawing on his expertise[according to whom?] in natural health and his own experiences in his practice. In addition to writing books, he writes a controversial monthly newsletter, called "Health Revelations". Stengler is often critical of conventional therapies and claims various natural methods superior to mainstream therapies. He has often been critical of common drug therapies such as statin drugs for preventing heart disease. He gives back up research for many[quantify] of his views but with others he simply cites his clinical experience.
- The Natural Physician’s Healing Therapies: Proven Remedies Medical Doctors Don’t Know, by Mark Stengler, ISBN 0735204446
- Prescription for Natural Cures by James F. Balch and Mark Stengler, ISBN 0471490881
- Nature’s Virus Killers by Mark Stengler, ISBN 0871318989
- Prescription for Drug Alternatives: All Natural Options for Better Health without Side Effects by James F. Balch and Mark Stengler, ISBN 0470183993
- User’s Guide to Policosanol and Other Natural Ways to Lower Cholesterol by Mark Stengler, ISBN 1591200512
- Your Menopause, Your Menotype: Find Your Type and Free Yourself from the Symptoms of Menopause by Mark Stengler and Angela Stengler, ISBN 1583331581
- Maitake Gold 404: The Ultimate Immune Supernutrient by Mark Stengler, ISBN 159120061X
- The Natural Physician by Mark Stengler, ISBN 0920470467
- The Health Benefits of Medicinal Mushrooms by Mark Stengler, ISBN 1591201438
- Your Vital Child: A Natural Healing Guide for Caring Parents by Mark Stengler, ISBN 1579543057
- Handbook of Natural Remedies by Mark Stengler, ISBN 0709071140
Stengler lives in San Diego County, California with his wife and three children. His hobbies include sports and theological studies.