Mark Stevens (writer)
Mark Stevens, (born June 3, 1947 in Queens, New York, U.S.) is an American businessman, writer, and columnist. He is a leading authority on marketing and management, and an author and media commentator on the intersection of business and private life.
Stevens is the author of several business-related books.
Stevens is a regularly featured media commentator and active blogger.
Stevens was the writer of a nationally syndicated column Small Business, for which he was bestowed a John Hancock Award for "outstanding financial journalism, lucid reporting and excellent interpretation of the nation's business."
- Rich is a Religion, (October 2008)
- God is a Salesman, (2008) ISBN 1-59995-690-X
- Your Management Sucks, (2006) ISBN 0-446-69068-6
- Your Marketing Sucks, (2003) ISBN 0-609-60983-1
- Extreme Management: What They Teach At Harvard’s Advanced Management Program, (2001) ISBN 0-446-67829-5
- King Icahn: The Biography Of A Renegade Capitalist, (1993) ISBN 0-525-93613-0
- The Big Six,(1992) ISBN 0-671-75854-3
- Sudden Death: The Rise & Fall Of E.F. Hutton, (1989) ASIN B0006ES0HK
- The Macmillan Small Business Handbook, (1988) ISBN 0-02-614490-5
- Power Of Attorney: The Rise Of The Giant Law Firms, (1986) ISBN 0-07-061290-0
- Land Rush: The Secret World Of Real Estate Super Brokers And Developers, (1985) ISBN 0-07-061274-9
- The Big Eight, (1981) ISBN 0-02-008790-X
- "Meet the MasterMinds: Mark Stevens on Why Your Marketing Sucks" ManagementConsultingNews.com
- "Extreme management" by Elizabeth Hlotyak, Westchester Business Journal , April 2, 2001.
- "Building business in a down economy" by Bob Chuvala, Westchester Business Journal, December 9, 2002.
- "Advertising, marketing agencies report healthy demand for services" by Bob Chuvala, Westchester Business Journal , July 4, 2005.
- "The death of the Big Five" by Mark Stevens, Westchester Business Journal , September 2, 2002.
- "How companies can liberate themselves" by Mark Stevens, Westchester Business Journal ,December 10, 2001.
- "What every CEO can learn from Martha Stewart" by Mark Stevens, Westchester Business Journal ,March 21, 2005.
- "Lost in Translation" by Alison Stein Wellner, Inc.com,September 2005.
- "Damage control effort is targeting advisers" by Rick Miller, Investment News, November 17, 2003.
- "Expanding into 15 markets in bid for wealthy customers" by James B. Arndorfer, Investment News, November 29, 1999.
- "INSURANCE FOR THE WEALTHY: NORTHERN TRUST EYES LIFE SALES TO BOOMERS" by Michael Fritz, Investment News, August 31, 1998.
- "BIG INSURERS STARTING OWN TRUST UNITS IN TOP $ STRUGGLE. TARGET: THE 3% WHO BRING 46% OF INDUSTRY'S PROFITS" by Michael Fritz, Investment News, August 24, 1998.
- "Constant Travelers Wear Their All-Nighters as a Badge of Pride" by Francine Parnes, The New York Times, December 6, 2005.
- "Playing The Name Game" by Tom Taulli, Forbes, April 5, 2006.
- MSCO Website where Mark Stevens is CEO
- Unconventional Thinking - The Blog
- Digital PR Blog
- Brandweek.com's Brand Gap Blog