From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mark VIII or Mark 8 often refers to the eighth version of a product, frequently military hardware. "Mark", meaning "model" or "variant", can be abbreviated "Mk."
Mark VIII or Mark 8 can specifically refer to:
In military and weaponry
- Mark 8 torpedo (1911); American 21-inch torpedo designed by Bliss-Leavitt.
- 18 inch Mark VIII torpedo; a British 18-inch wet-heater torpedo that began service in 1913
- Tank Mark VIII, also known as the "Liberty" or "International tank"; an Anglo-American tank design of the late World War I
- BL 8 inch Howitzer Mk 8 (1916); British 8-inch artillery piece used in WWI and early WWII
- 21-inch Mark VIII torpedo; a common British 21-inch torpedo that began service in 1927, saw extensive use in WWII and was used as late as 1982 to sink the ARA General Belgrano
- QF 2-pounder Mark VIII (1930-1940s), also known as the "pom-pom"; a quick-firing British naval anti-aircraft gun
- Japanese naval aerial bomb color code Mark 8; a green-brown-grey color code denoting an anti-shipping skip bomb
- Tank, Cruiser, Mk VIII, Cromwell (A27M) (1943), also known as the Cromwell tank; the most numerous British cruiser tank in WWII
- Cruiser Mk VIII Challenger; a Cromwell tank derivative carrying a heavier gun
- Light Tank Mk VIII (1943), also known as the "Harry Hopkins", a British light tank
- Handley Page Halifax C Mk VIII (1944); unarmed cargo and passenger plane variant on the British bomber design
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII; 1944 British fighter aircraft in overseas service, the third-most numerous Spitfire variant
- Mark 8 nuclear bomb (1952-1957); an American nuclear bomb
- Mark 8 Landing Craft Tank, a landing craft operated by the British military from the end of World War II to the 1970s
- Jaguar Mark VIII (1956-1958), a British sports sedan
- Lincoln Continental Mark VIII (1993-1998), an American personal luxury car
- Sumlock ANITA Mk VIII calculator (1961); a British desktop calculator with Nixie-type tube display
- Mark-8 (1974); an early 8-bit minicomputer kit based on the Intel 8008 CPU
- Mark 8 or Mark VIII, the eighth chapter of the Gospel of Mark in the New Testament of the Christian Bible
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.