Valley at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2010
|Born||Mark Thomas Valley
December 24, 1964
Ogdensburg, New York, U.S.
Mark Thomas Valley (born December 24, 1964) is an American film and television actor, known for his role as Brad Chase on the TV drama Boston Legal, Oliver Richard on the NBC drama Harry's Law, as FBI agent John Scott on Fringe, Christopher Chance in Fox's action/drama Human Target, and as Tommy Sullivan in ABC's Body of Proof.
Born in Ogdensburg, New York, Valley graduated from the United States Military Academy in 1987 with a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics and engineering before serving in Berlin, where he played Rugby for the U.S. military team, The Berlin Yanks Rugby Football Club. He participated in the Gulf War. He has a daughter, Sherri, born in 1987.
Valley obtained his first role, on The Innocent (1993), while serving in the U.S. Army in Germany. He landed the role of "Father Pete" on Another World in 1993. He later took over the role of Jack Deveraux on the NBC Daytime soap opera Days of our Lives from 1994–97. In 2003, Valley played Detective Eddie Arlette, an American police officer in London, on the short-lived Keen Eddie.
He played Brad Chase on Boston Legal, a spinoff of the television series The Practice. Valley also appeared on the television series ER as Richard Lockhart, Abby Lockhart's ex-husband. In 2008 he appeared on Fringe, as FBI agent John Scott. Valley played the lead in Fox's drama Human Target.
In July 2012, it was announced that Valley would be joining as series regular on ABC's Body of Proof. He played Det. Tommy Sullivan, Dana Delany's love interest. He also co-starred alongside Delany in her short-lived series Pasadena in 2001.
|1993||The Innocent||Tunnel Technician|
|1997||Breast Men||Fair Haired Resident|
|1998||Some Girl||Police Officer|
|The Siege||FBI Agent Mike Johanssen|
|2000||The Next Best Thing||Cardiologist|
|Shrek the Third||Cyclops||Voice|
|2012||Zero Dark Thirty||C-130 Pilot|
|2013||Batman: The Dark Knight Returns||Clark Kent/Superman||Voice|
|1993||Another World||Father Pete|
|1994||Vanishing Son IV||Adams|
|1994–1997||Days of our Lives||Jack Deveraux #4|
|1997||George Wallace||Bobby Kennedy|
|2000||Diagnosis: Murder||Captain Paul Davis|
|Running Mates||Dick Tracy|
|2000–2001||Once and Again||Will Gluck||5 episodes|
|2000–2003||ER||Richard Lockhart||5 episodes|
|2001||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Jack Willman|
|The Lone Gunmen||Henry Farst|
|Gideon's Crossing||Mark Epperson|
|2001–2002||Pasadena||Robert Greeley||13 episodes|
|2002||Spin City||Joseph||1 episode|
|2003–2004||Keen Eddie||Detective Eddie Arlette||13 episodes|
|2004||Harry Green and Eugene||Harry Green|
|The 4400||Warren Lytell||2 episodes|
|I'm with Her||Jack Campbell|
|2004–2007||Boston Legal||Brad Chase||70 episodes|
|2006–2008||Emily's Reasons Why Not||Reese Callahan||2 episodes|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jake Keegan||1 episode|
|2008||Swingtown||Brad Davis||3 episodes|
|2008–2009||Fringe||John Scott||12 episodes|
|2010–2011||Human Target||Christopher Chance||25 episodes|
|2011–2012||Harry's Law||Oliver Richard||22 episodes|
|2013||Body of Proof||Tommy Sullivan||13 episodes|
(German TV series)
|John McDuff||1 episode|
|2014||Crisis||CIA Director Widener||6 episodes|
Awards and nominations
- Boston Legal Role
- Nominated — Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series shared with Rene Auberjonois, Ryan Michelle Bathe, Candice Bergen, Julie Bowen, Justin Mentell, Rhona Mitra, Monica Potter, William Shatner, and James Spader (2006)
- Nominated — Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series shared with Rene Auberjonois, Candice Bergen, Craig Bierko, Julie Bowen, William Shatner, and James Spader (2007)
- Nominated — Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series shared with Rene Auberjonois, Candice Bergen, Julie Bowen, Saffron Burrows, Christian Clemenson, Taraji P. Henson, John Larroquette, William Shatner, James Spader, Tara Summers, Gary Anthony Williams, and Constance Zimmer (2008)
- Keen Eddie Role
- Nominated — Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Star — Male (2003)
- Rochlin, Margy. "The Man Without the Prosthetic Nose", The New York Times, January 10, 2010.
- Pioneer Local blogsite
- Dos Santos, Kristin. "Anna Torv and Mark Valley Married!" E! Online, February 2, 2009.
- "Anna Torv and Mark Valley Split"
- Hollywood Reporter article referencing Valley
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 28, 2012). "Mark Valley To Join ‘Body Of Proof’ As New Regular". Deadline.com. Retrieved July 29, 2012.
- Jay Bobbin (February 19, 2013). "'Body of Proof': Dana Delany reunites with Mark Valley for Season 3". Zap2it. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mark Valley.|