Marketing operations management
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Marketing Operations Management (MOM) is a version of end to end marketing optimization, from planning and budgeting, through marketing content management, to global marketing execution and analysis.
It is characterized by an attempt to achieve measurable and trackable Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI), and, as a means of achieving that, creating a marketing dashboard, leading to improved marketing effectiveness. The concept of the marketing dashboard is that a marketing executive, or indeed any employee of an organization, can log into a system which shows the status of all ongoing marketing activities — showing 'fuel consumption' (spending), 'speed' (sales) and various other metrics in the automotive analogy. The Marketing Resource Management (MRM) industry, including software vendors with integrated solutions who provides the software infrastructure to assist organizations with their Marketing Operations Management. This forms the technology backbone to the essential alignment of people, process and technology that is critical to an effective Marketing Operations Management strategy.
- Digital Asset Management
- Enterprise Marketing Management
- Marketing Collateral
- Marketing management
- Marketing operations
- Marketing Resource Management
- Demand chain
- http://www.globalmarketingops.com/ - Lionbridge (NASDAQ:LIOX) provides best practice information on managing marketing operations in a global context
- http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=IDC_P7136 - IDC's CMO Advisory Service provides marketing executives and their operations counterparts with deep research and industry wide best practices to plan program and people investments, prepare marketing operations, mobilize resources, and measure results.
- http://www.moccabayarea.org/ - MOCCA: Marketing Operations Cross Company Alliance – a professional network for marketing operations professionals