||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)
A market requirements document (MRD) in project management and systems engineering, is a document that expresses the customer's wants and needs for the product or service.
It is typically written as a part of product marketing or product management. The document should explain:
- What (new) product is being discussed.
- Who the target customers are.
- What products are in competition with the proposed one.
- Why customers are likely to want this product.
- ^ Shired, Diane MRD – Market Requirements Document, Birds-Eye.Net. Accessed 09. Jun 2009.