Markham GO Station
|Address||214 Main Street North
|Structure type||Station building with public washroom and waiting room|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Station code||GO Transit: MKGO|
Markham GO Station is a railway station in the GO Transit network located on Markham Main Street North in Markham, Ontario in Canada. It is a stop on the Stouffville line train service, which only has peak hour service, and all connecting bus services operate on the street and do not enter the station.
The station was built in 1871 by the Toronto and Nipissing Railway, which was taken over by the Grand Trunk Railway, which ultimately became part of the Canadian National Railway in 1923. It has been designated as a heritage railway station by the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada. The city of Markham purchased the building as a Millennium project and are undertaking its restoration in conjunction with the Markham Village Conservancy, which manages the station. In addition to facilities for GO Transit, the building is used as community centre, with two rooms with a capacity of either 100 or 30 people, available for rental.
- Trains on the Stouffville line operate a peak hour service in the morning to Union Station (Toronto) and return with commuters in the afternoon. Buses operate in off-peak hours between Uxbridge and Union Station Bus Terminal
- Routes 54 (Hwy 407 East GO Bus), between Mount Joy and York University Main Campus.
York Region Transit
- Route 41 Markham Local connects to McCowan (VIVA) terminus.
- Route 201 Markham GO Shuttle
Toronto Transit Commission
- Markham Road northbound to Mount Joy GO Station and southbound Warden Subway Station (second longest bus route after 54 Lawrence East)
- "Markham GO Station— TRAIN & BUS STATION". GO Transit. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- CNR in Ontario; Railway Station Reports - Report RSR-137, Markham
- List of Designated Heritage Railway Stations in Ontario
- Markham Train Station Restoration Project
- Markham Village Conservancy
- Community Information and Volunteer Centre - York Region: Markham Village Train Station
- "TTC 102 Markham Rd Northbound Stops". Toronto Transit Commission. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Media related to Markham GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Markham GO Station